Chapter Four

Of course Cormac wasn't surprised when he woke in the morning to find missed calls and so many unread texts Baron, but he wasn't going to read any of them because he didn't care what Baron had to say.

Cormac groans and turns his phone off. He sits up in his bed and looks around. He was desperately hoping that when he woke up in the morning that last night was just a bad dream, but it was real and Cormac hates it.

The one time he decides to stay home from a cruise, and he gets his heart broken.

Cormac lays in bed for a while longer after he turns his phone off. There was absolutely no way Cormac was going to be able to leave the house because he was so humiliated of what happened last night and he was sure people were talking about it. Surprisingly enough, Cormac hated being center of attention.

Cormac sighs quietly to himself as he stands in his kitchen, staring out the window. He looks over when he hears the doorbell ring and is surprised, because he wasn't expecting any visitors at all this weekend, and he was just praying that it wasn't Baron, because Baron was the last person he wanted to see.

Cormac walks out of the kitchen and makes his way towards the front door. He peeks through the window and rolls his eyes when he sees that it's Evan, also somebody that he doesn't want to see right now. But Cormac opens the door very slightly just so that he could see Evan.

"What do you want?" Cormac asks angrily as he looks up at Evan.

"What the fuck were you doing at the party last night?" Evan asks.

"I live in in the UK, you asshole! What did you expect?" Cormac asks. "Wait... how did you get my address?"

"I asked around," Evan shrugs. "What was that about last night?"

"You were kissing another guy! I thought we had something but I guess I was wrong," Cormac mumbles.

"Cormac, we aren't dating. I thought that's what we agreed on before you left? I like you and everything... but I'm not into long distance relationships," Evan sighs. "I'm sorry you..."

"Yeah, I'm sorry too," Cormac takes a deep breath. "Don't talk to me again." He slams the door in Evan's face and then he leans against the door and slowly slides down it. He groans and buries his face in his arms.

If this is what Cormac's situation with Evan turned out, then Cormac was dreading even more talking to Baron.

Cormac spent the majority of his weekend lying in bed with cartons of ice-cream while watching sad movies, all while avoiding anyone who tried to text him or call him because he didn't want to talk to anyone.

Cormac's nerves were getting the better of him when Monday came around, because he was worried that people were still talking about the party that happened on Friday. He was also going to have to face Baron sooner or later, and he was really hoping that it would be later rather than sooner.

Of course, with his bad luck, Baron was practically waiting for him at the school doors.

"Don't," Cormac warns when Baron tries to approach him.

"Cormac, please. Let me explain," Baron begs.

"You don't need to explain because I already know," Cormac snaps.

"Okay, you're angry... and you have every right to be but please hear me out," Baron tries again.

"No, fuck you!" Cormac yells. "I don't want to hear from you or you pathetic excuses. You played me like a fool and I was humiliated. I was nothing but a stupid dare to you, then you go and kiss my guy from Florida-"

"Hold up, what?" Baron asks. "What are you talking about?"

"You were kissing Evan! The one I ranted about to you," Cormac says. "He was at the party because his cousins invited him. I guess he was on a family vacation or whatever. You were making out with him."

"I didn't know that was him, Cormac. How the fuck was I supposed to know?" Baron asks.

"That's besides the point! You asked me out because of a dare," Cormac takes a deep breath.

"I'm sorry. I really am. I never meant to hurt you-"

"Well you did, so congratulations," Cormac snaps. "Don't ever talk to me again." He tries to push pass Baron, but Baron quickly grabs his arm and stops him before he can walk into the school.

"Cormac, please," Baron begs. "Yes... it was a dare and I'm sorry. But, you're more than that..."

"Don't," Cormac repeats as he pulls his arm away from Baron. "Just... don't." He walks into the school, and Baron's heart breaks when he sees tears fall out of Cormac's eyes.

"What was that about?"

Baron looks over and glares as soon as he sees Watson. He's surprised when he sees that AJ is nowhere to be seen because usually he and Watson are attached to the hip and he wants to ask where he is, but he's so angry that he can't find himself to bother with to ask.

"Well?" Watson raises his eyebrows as he looks up at Baron.

"You're an asshole!" Baron shouts before punching Watson's arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" Watson asks as he rubs his arm.

"Cormac fucking hates me now. He knows about the stupid dare," Baron snaps. "I'm never going to be able to get him to talk to me again after this." He sighs and walks into the school.

"So, what?" Watson asks as he follows Baron. "It's just Cormac Mattis."

"I told you that I was starting to like him!" Baron hisses.

"Wait, you actually meant that?" Watson frowns. "I thought you were just drunk."

"You're an idiot," Baron grumbles before walking away, leaving a very confused Watson.