chapter 17

It was after the date now and Emma was staring at me. It made me smile to see how much the blonde admired me. She was special and I loved her- it! We were on the drive back to my house. She stopped the car and sighed sadly. "I don't want to let you go, but you do have a husband so I guess you can.' The blonde seemed devastated. "E-Emm-" "No Miss Mills. I have to remember that you're happily married. I'm just a stupid teenager. There can't be a future with us. I know it won't work. You may leave now." I knew she was about to cry. I dragged myself out of the car and walked inside. Robin was there on the couch. I walked away from him and went straight to bed.

Days went on and it was now Tuesday. I had Emma in my presence for 90 minutes today. I knew we wouldn't talk at all so I kept my head low when she walked in. She was sitting with a girl named Lily. Lily was gorgeous and I knew Emma had moved on since the date she and I had. They were giggling and smiling at each other. I was hurt, yes, but I couldn't be. I started the lesson for the day. The two girls worked together and finished before the others did. Emma brought the assignment up to me. She never looked at me. My heart broke. She finally did but it was a smile. It looked like a forced smile. My Emma was hurting but didn't tell anyone. I called her to my office and we talked. I stared at the long haired girl in front of me. She sat down across from me and gave me another forced smile. I ,of course, needed to know what was bothering my baby.

----

I looked at Miss Mills. I knew she could read me like a picture book. It was clear to see what was wrong with me. I looked down at my lap and sat in silence. She lifted my head up. "Talk. Now.'' She said with dominance in her voice. I sighed. "I'm fine, Miss Mills. I don't need this right now.' I whispered as I attempted to avoid the conversation. My head hung low. If I stared any longer at the brunette in front of me, i'd instantly give in. She lifted my head with fingers. I looked at the chocolate orbs that I could get lost in.

"Things at home aren't well. My parents are fighting and it's upsetting me. I'm going to lose them. I know it." I told her with burning tears in my eyes, ready to spill out. "I've been cutting more too which I know isn't good but it helps me." I wiped my tears and sighed. "You need to get back to work. I'm not important to you.'' I got up and walked back into the classroom. I sat at my desk. I laid my head down and cried silently. I was hoping to just disappear in this moment of time. Class finally ended and I quickly got up and left the classroom. I ran home and sat in my room. No one was home yet and I was thankful for that.

I got missed calls from Regina and Lily. i didn't respond to neither of them. I sighed and cried myself to sleep for the night.

___________

AN: Sorry for the short and slow update but ive been buuussyy! But thanks for 6.1k views on this book. I'll try to update soon