Three: Day One, Hanging Out

"Come on, Mystery, t-time to g-go," Arthur said as he grabbed the leash from under the sink.

The dog whimpered upon seeing the leash and took a few steps back. Arthur sighed.

"I know, I know, y-you are a-a good d-dog, b-but I can't g-get in trouble," he said. "I-it's just for sh-show, buddy. I-I promise n-not to t-tug."

Mystery nodded and started toward Arthur again. Once he got there, Arthur hooked the leash on his collar and the dog licked Arthur's cheek making him laugh.

"That's g-gross, b-but I l-love you t-too, bud," Arthur pet his head. 'Man, I'm gonna miss you.'

The two of them headed outside and to the car. "S-see? It w-wasn't that b-bad, now w-was it?"

Mystery barked and hopped into the passenger seat. Arthur giggled and made his way over to the driver's seat. He started the engine and headed off, after putting his seatbelt on of course.

"L-let's see what's o-on the r-radio?" Arthur asked Mystery, who barked a yes.

He smiled and turned on the radio. It was playing a song that sounded vaguely familiar, but he couldn't figure out what it was. Until he heard......

This time I might just disappear...

Arthur started sweating and rolled down the windows. Mystery took advantage and stuck his head out of the window. 'Glad he's enjoying the ride...'

The song continued no matter what station he went to. Arthur froze when he heard the song change lyrics...or was it just in his mind?

This time I'll make you disappear!

Arthur turned to look at Mystery, who seemed unfazed by the change of lyrics. 'You're going crazy, Arthur. That's what Lewis wants. Okay, just focus on driving to Vivi's. You can get through this.'

The song kept repeating on the radio, but he was pretty sure only he was the one who couldn't hear the change of the songs. All he had to do to confirm his thought was look at Mystery and see if he reacted differently.

It was only a matter of time before they arrived at Vivi's house. Mystery barked excitedly at seeing them arrive. This made Arthur laugh a little before opening his door. He began stepping out, but Mystery jumped onto his lap and then out of the car first.

"M-Mystery," Arthur groaned and the dog looked back at his owner. "C-calm down, o-okay? Th-that really h-hurt, boy."

Mystery tilted his head and sat down. Arthur smiled and finally got out of the car. After closing and locking the door, he grabbed Mystery's leash and headed toward Vivi's house. Once they quickly made it to the door, Arthur rang the doorbell and Mystery scratched the door.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming!" they heard Vivi's voice on the other side of the door.

Shortly after that, the door opened and out came a cheerful Vivi with a purse on her shoulder.

"H-hey, Vivi. Uh, l-looking n-nice to-today," Arthur blushed and stammered.

"Thank you, Arthur!" Vivi smiled and hugged her best friend. "Hey, Mystery! How's my good boy?!"

Mystery barked and jumped around until Vivi picked him up and cuddled him. The dog sent licks all over her face and the girl laughed.

"I missed you too, Mystery!" Vivi laughed. "Anyway, are we ready?"

"L-let's get s-some Surf's Up Surprise!" Arthur cheered and walked Vivi to his car.

He opened the door for her and she got in. He closed the door and made his way to the driver's seat.