Four: Day One, Afternoon Cuddles

After finishing off the delicious pizza, Arthur felt stuffed. More stuffed than he'd ever been in his lifetime. He paid and walked out wobbling like a penguin. This did not go unnoticed by Vivi. She instantly stopped petting Mystery and ran to his side.

"Are you alright? What happened in there?" she asked concerned. She placed a firm hand on his arm.

"I-I'm f-fine. I just g-got a little st-stuffed, that's a-all," Arthur rubbed his stomach with the arm Vivi wasn't holding. "Guess I-I went a-a little o-overboard with th-the p-pizza, huh?"

"Yeah, like, way overboard. We'd better get you home before you end up puking everywhere."

Just as she said that, Arthur felt his stomach rumble uncomfortably. 'Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to try and eat as much as I could...' He gagged and stumbled a bit, but Vivi was there to rub his back comfortingly.

"Take it slow, Arthur," Vivi warned.

"Th-thanks, Vivi," Arthur groaned. "Heh, I-I guess I r-really overdid it th-this time, huh?"

"Yep, you should've learned from the last time you did this, silly," Vivi helped him into the passenger's seat.

"V-Vivs?"

"You're in no condition to drive."

"R-right."

Mystery sat in Arthur's lap and looked up at him worriedly. Arthur rubbed his companion's head to calm him. "I-I'm alright, Mystery. J-Just went a l-little overboard."

The dog licked Arthur's cheek and then lay on his lap comfortably.

"Thanks, b-buddy." He smiled.

"Okay, you ready?" Vivi smiled a little deviously.

"Uh...what's that f-face f-for?" Arthur started getting nervous.

"Buckle your seatbelt, it's gonna be a nice ride."

Somehow, he didn't believe that. He buckled up tightly and then they were off at incredible speeds.

"V-VIVI!!! SL-SLOW DOWN!!!!!" Arthur cried. "Y-YOU'RE G-GONNA GET A T-TICKET!"

"Relax, Arthur, it'll be fine," Vivi reassured, but the look on her face looked of pure evil.

"H-hold on, Mystery!" Arthur held onto his dog as they made a sharp turn. 'If she keeps this up, Lewis might not have to kill me. I'd already be dead!'

It was only five minutes and they were already at his house. It usually took ten to fifteen minutes to get home from the restaurant.

"Come on, Arthur, let's get you inside. It's cold out here," Vivi said.

When she didn't get a response from anyone, she looked at the man and his dog and saw the terrified looks on their faces.

"I think I-I'm gonna be s-sick, for r-real," Arthur gagged again and covered his mouth.

"Oh...uh, sorry Arthur, I didn't mean to make you feel worse," Vivi apologized. "Here, I'll help you inside, okay? Come on."

"O-okay, Vivs."

Vivi opened the passenger door and after Mystery jumped out, she helped Arthur out of the car. It took a while for them to make it in the house, but when they did, they immediately headed for the couch. The relief Arthur felt when he sat on the couch was amazing. He groaned in relief and sunk into the comfortable couch.

"I'm gonna get you some water with some alka-seltzer, okay?" Vivi left before he could even answer.

Mystery whimpered and put a paw on Arthur's leg as if he were worried. The blonde smiled and pat his dog's head.

"I'm okay, Mystery. Th-there's no r-reason to w-worry. I'll be fine," Arthur smiled. "G-good to know you're concerned about m-me, boy."

Mystery yipped and rubbed his head against Arthur's leg. "I l-love you too."

Vivi returned shortly with the bubbly liquid. "Here you go, Arthur! This should help you!"

"Thanks, Vivi," Arthur smiled and accepted the drink. He drank it casually as the bluenette sat next to him.

"My pleasure," she giggled and helped Mystery onto the couch.

The dog sat in between them wagging his tail happily. They were like a family together.

"W-wanna watch some T-TV?" Arthur suggested and grabbed the remote control.

"Sure, can we watch Gravity Falls?!" Vivi squealed.

"If i-it's on, sure we c-can," he giggled and turned to Disney Channel. "It's up n-next. W-wanna watch Phineas a-and Ferb?"

"Okay."

Arthur hit the ok button and the cartoon popped up on the screen. Vivi smiled and scooched closer to her best friend. Arthur looked over at the bluenette, who leaned over on his shoulder comfortably. He smiled and blushed as he placed his arm around her gently. Vivi smiled back and snuggled closer. Mystery jumped over to the other side of Vivi to make them more comfortable.

'What is going on here? Why is she warming up to me like this? Is she falling for me? Is this what just friends do? HELP!!!'

"Arthur, you're a great friend," Vivi yawned before she dozed off to sleep.

The blonde giggled and rubbed her arm gently. 'If only you knew, Vivi...if only you knew.'

~~~

"I'll see you around, Arthur," Vivi smiled and hugged Arthur tightly before running off toward her house.

"Yeah, o-of course," Arthur waved and walked back toward his car.

He sat in the car and sighed. Placing his head on his hands, he began to weep. He didn't know whether it was his death sentence getting in his head or if it was Vivi's sudden contact that afternoon, but he wept and wept and couldn't stop. He thought of Lewis while he wept. He thought of Vivi and Mystery. He even thought of his uncle Lance and Galahad. Maybe he'd visit him one last time before his life ended.

Arthur started the engine and wiped his tears. He didn't have time for this. He had to go home. He needed to spend as much time with Mystery as he could. 'Maybe a nice walk around the park tonight would help.'

He put the car in drive and drove off into the sunset.

~~~

Another update for awesome people! I was sort of already running out of ideas at this point so sorry if this seems like a crappy chappie. Don't worry, the other chapters are much better! Trust me!

Anyway, I'm gonna leave it here. I'm pretty tired, but I wanna watch more One Piece! Man, I love that anime so much! I'm on episode 404 and I'm excited, but also sad because I know something bad happens in about 90 episodes from where I am now (I looked up some stuff about One Piece and accidentally spoiled a major part for myself, go me!).Okay, so that's it for now (I know, I said that previously, lol). Vote/comment if you enjoyed and I'll see you all Saturday or Sunday or Monday. Bye!