Running From Five (Donnie POV)

I woke up to the sound of complete silent. Which was new, considering that we had so many Turtles in the lair now. But I got out of bed, something I barely used, and made it quickly before either Leo or Sensei snapped on me later.

Walking out of my room, there was still silence. I walked toward Mikey’s room. Cracking the door open, I noticed him and Mikito still sleeping. Sighing, I came in and kicked Mikey, who was on the ground, and poked Mikito repeatedly until she responded.

“Whaaaaat?” she groaned, covering her head with the blankets.

“We gotta check on Naomi and Raph,” I replied. “And why is Mikey on the floor?”

“Because I pushed him off,” Mikito giggled, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. Her mask was off, strangely enough. None of us really take our masks off, even for sleeping most of the time, but her and Mikey seemed to be the only two to take their masks off at night.

Mikey was still on the ground and I sighed, kicking his shell again. “Mikey, come on. There’s pizza waiting.”

“Pizza!” Mikey’s blue eyes shot open, standing up quickly. Even for added measure, he sniffed the air, only pausing. “But I don’t smell any…”

“It was a ruse, Mikey,” Mikito said rather wisely, tugging on her mask ends to put it on.

“Awww,” Mikey shrugged his shoulders. He turned to me, “So why wake us up?”

“Because of the egg?” I tried to explain. He still seemed lost, so I continued, “Leo? Sophie? Naomi or Raph?”

“Oh, yeah,” Mikey shrugged, grinning that grin of his. I sighed and shook my head, leaving the room.

I waited in the hallway. All I heard in their room, with the door closed, was laughing and giggling, hardly any talking at all. Leaning against the wall, I started to doze off when the door opened and Mikey sprang out, wielding a nun chuck playfully.

Mikito followed him, grabbing his other nun chuck and they were swinging them around, playing a sword game. I had to duck out of the way to avoid being hit.

“Okay, really?!” I exclaimed. They paused and looked at me, blinking in complete confusion. I sighed and said, “Wasp egg?”

“Oh, yeah,” Mikito smiled innocently, giving the nun chuck she had to Mikey. He took he and smiled, putting both of them up in their pockets on the side of his shell.

“Can we check on them now?” I asked, gesturing to the main room and my lab.

Mikey nodded and we walked in. Nobody was in the main room, or kitchen, or dojo even, which meant Splinter went out again with everyone. With all these Turtles in the lair, it was a loud house, but with half of them gone, it seemed normal again.

“So, if they were going for the egg…” Mikey started.

“They would be in the lab,” Mikito finished, smiling.

We walked over to the door and peered in. I saw Raph, Leo, and Sophie watching the egg. Naomi wasn’t in sight, which I assumed was a bad thing. When Naomi wasn’t around, she was always doing something that she shouldn’t be in my opinion.

But Mikito noticed the others and gulped, “That’s not good, is it…?”

“No…!” I said as they all drew their weapons, their backs still turned. Trying to sound causal, I asked a little louder to them, “Hey, guys, what’cha doing…?”

Beside me, Mikey whispered, “They’ve gone all Leo, who’s not Leo, on us…!”

Beside Mikey, Mikito squeaked and gasped, pointing to Raph’s arm, “He got bit!”