Mikey's the Only One...? Great.... (Mikey POV)

As soon as I said that Donnie was bitten, Donnie quickly stood up, with the syringe filled with Leo’s blood and went over to his lab table and started working. Being not the brightest, I stood back and watched.

Donnie kept freaking out, getting drippers and beakers out, filled with liquid, even transferring the stuff to another one. I watched, trying to make sure he didn’t change on me. His eyes kept shifting uncomfortably and I gulped, trying to suppress my shudders.

“I’m not gonna make it!” he cried finally. “I’m not gonna make it!”

“Relax, dude, you’re almost done,” I said, pointing at him. By the looks of it, he was almost done, but if he wasn’t, I really hoped he could last long enough.

“Mikey,” Donnie said, holding up a beaker, “if I don’t make it, you’re gonna have to knock me out and make the antibody yourself.”

“But Donnie--”

“Just promise me!” he said, looking up at me worried and sadly. His voice softened into a whisper, “It’s up to you.”

“Alright,” I nodded reluctantly. “What do I do? I’m not exactly the most scientific kind of guy, unless you already didn’t know.”

He explained a few things easy enough for me to understand. He pointed at the incubator, which I needed to put the dish in for ten minutes, then pointed to the centrafudge, and said I needed to spin the antibody in it for another five.

“That’s all you have to--” Donnie started before he cried out softly, holding his head and backing up. “I’m not gonna--! I’m not making it!”

Donnie paused, finally, in the middle of the lab, holding his head and growling lowly. Knowing what he had said, I grabbed one of my nun chucks and raised it, bringing it down quickly.

Before it landed, Donnie, who was not Donnie because his eyes were pitch black, grabbed the nun chuck and threw it away, grabbing my wrist and biting my arm. I cried out in pain and, thinking quick, grabbed my other nun chuck and swung it at him. This time it hit its mark and Donnie fell in a passed out heap.

I looked at my arm and gulped, “Oh no! I’m doomed!” I ran up to the lab table and looked at the things on it. “Gotta remember what Donnie said. Gotta…” My vision started turning black and I fell back. “Not feeling so…”

Without knowing, I fell down, falling unconscious.