二 ♥︎ Another Day

Mom and a Dad looked as nice as they did in their wedding photos. I wish I could give them as much as they had during their wedding. Granted, the funeral home was as clean as it could get with five extra dollars, and their last outfit came from their suitcases. Nevertheless, the ceremony was beautiful. Mom and Dad were each given a simple bouquet, as they resembled the one Mom held at her wedding. Dad's last outfit consisted of none other than his favorite BABBA t-shirt; Mom, on the other hand, actually packed something remotely formal, as she wore her nicest sundress. They never carried a will, as I placed a handful of their possessions in the coffins. However, some items are in my possession for utility reasons.

The home was quiet; the rows were empty, a few candles were lit, and little sun leaked through the cream-colored curtains. It felt as if almost everyone forgot it existed. The words of the pastor were the only thing that filled this hollow room. His speech made me realize how much I took my parents for granted. I never wanted to leave the home, but it was over, the ceremony, their trip, even my family came to an end. All I knew at the moment was to leave as I was instructed to do so.

My thoughts were a snapped twig when I heard uncontrollable sobbing from a... sixteen-year-old boy? It was too odd for a boy at that age to have enough pride to cry so openly, especially nowadays. It sounded like he was just ridiculed by a group of teenagers by the time I stepped forward to investigate.

I didn't want to pay any mind to him, but he was sitting in my parents' spot, seeing that I could only afford one for them.

"Excuse me." I took a chance to look at the teen, just in case I were to stumble upon him again; this town wasn't that big after all. "Would you do me the favor of removing yourself from the grave?" I looked at him, knowing I had to deal with his pride.

"Pheh, why should I listen to you? Shouldn't you be hanging out with Mabel or something? Wait, did Dipper plot something else to ruin my life? Ugh, I don't care, just go away." He said, with as much impulse as I expected.

"You are in my parents' spot..." I murmured.

The teen shot up, looking around with utter fear as if he'd seen a ghost. He then took a moment to look at a photograph in his hand, it was of a person, who had a striking resemblance to one of the teenagers in the miniature crowd. He then awkwardly shuffled out of the hole, and sprinted off to the funeral home, sobbing.

There is no use in trying to help him, considering he appeared to be much older than me.

I decided to not judge. After all, that's what my parents would've expected of me to do.