1.

Sasuke Uchiha paced back and forth in the waiting room of the hospital, worry evident on his face. His wife was giving birth and he couldn't even be by her side, much to his displeasure. Suddenly a nurse walked up to him, a bright smile on her face.

"You can see them now, Mr. Uchiha." Sasuke nodded and quickly walked to his wife's room. Inside a beautiful red haired woman sat on a hospital bed, her brown eyes looking at her newborn child.

"Sasuke, it's a girl." Karin said, happiness was evident in her voice.

Sasuke walked over and smiled at his wife, before picking up his baby girl. This was the happiest time of his life. The doctor suddenly came in, calling him out to the hallway. After handing his child back to his wife, Sasuke walked out with the Doctor.

"Hey doc, what is it?" Sasuke asked, wanting to go back in with Karin.

The doctor sighed, a solemn look on his face. "I'm sorry... But Karin is going- she going to..." The doctor looked away, before taking a breath and continuing, he hated delivering this kind of news. "Karin has some internal bleeding, she won't last very long. She knew this would happen but she also knew how much you wanted this child, she wanted her too. I'm sorry, but your wife is dying... I tried everything I could, the bleeding is just too much."

-

Karin was getting weaker by the second, she looked tired. Too tired.

"Why.." Sasuke said, hold his wife's hand. Their daughter was being taken care of by some nurses, they had yet to pick a name for her. "I'm sorry," Karin said, tears forming in her eyes. "I'm so, so sorry."

Sasuke gripped her hand tighter. "There's nothing to be sorry about.." He was trying his hardest not to cry.

"Sasuke," his wife started, making him look up at her. "Promise me you won't cry, alright? When she asks who was her mother and what was she like, don't cry." He nodded, letting a tear slip from his eye, making her weakly roll her eyes and wipe it away for him. He already started.

"And one more thing... Please do me this last favour."

"Anything."

"Please name her Sakura."

-

Mikoto stared at her daughter-in-law, who was handing her eight letters. "Please give these to her, one for each birthday. Though I doubt she'll be able to read them when she's one, she will soon enough. It's all the things I wish I could tell my daughter." Mikoto took the letters before wrapping the girl in a hug.

"Goodness child, now I won't have a daughter-in-law to pester..." The woman said, letting a couple tears slip from her eyes.

-

Eight Years Later

A seven year old girl stared at the camera, imitating her favourite talk show host.

"And that's all guys! I have to meet my dad now but make sure you tune in next time, bye!" She said, her brown eyes shining, her black hair was tied in two pig tails.

She got up and quickly checked herself in the mirror, before running downstairs and saying a quick goodbye to her grandma. Running outside, she headed towards the bridge near their house to wait for her dad. One hour went by, then two. Suddenly someone stuck out a bouquet of lilies in her face, knowing who it was, she shook her head. Next was a box of chocolates, which she also declined. Finally a teddy bear was brought to her, which she couldn't refuse.

"You're late, dad." She turned to her father, who was smiling cheekily at her.

"I'm sorry Sakura, I got caught up at work." Sasuke said to his daughter. She only sighed and began walking towards their house. "C'mon dad, lets not keep grandma waiting."

Sasuke smiled and followed his daughter, she was so much like her mother.

-

"Grandma!" Sakura yelled, giving the woman a hug. "We're back."

Mikoto smiled at the small child, hugging her back. "Welcome back dear, what took you so long?"

"Dad was late."

"I see.." Mikoto said, glaring at her son. Sasuke quickly ran upstairs, pretending he didn't see a thing.

Mikoto shook her head and turned back to her grandchild, who had a hopeful look in her eyes. "Grandma, can I have the letter now?"

"Hmm, your eighth birthday is tomorrow, is it not?" Mikoto said, looking at the girl. Sakura sighed and nodded, making Mikoto laugh.

"Don't worry, you'll get it soon enough."

The dark haired girl nodded again and stood up, heading to her room. She sat on her bed and picked up a framed picture of her mother, holding it to her chest.

"I wish you were here, so that you could say those things to me instead of making me read letters."

-

The now eight year old sprung up from her bed as soon as she was awake, quickly brushing her hair and teeth before running downstairs. Pushing aside the pile of presents on the table, she found what she was looking for. The final letter she would read from her mother, it caused a lump to form in her throat. Swallowing, she opened the wrinkled envelope and brought out the several sheets of paper, each were filled out front and back. Her mom sure did write a lot this time, she wondered why. Opening the letter, she began to read.

Dear Sakura,

Happy Birthday! You're already eight, time sure goes by quickly. How's your father? Im sure you're just like him.

"No way, I'm more like you!" Sakura said, smiling a bit.

Do you still have that red scarf? I hope your father gave it to you, if he didn't I would come back as a ghost just to hit him over the head.

Now, time for your birthday gift, today I'll be telling you a story. It's how your father and I met. About me, your father and a girl named Sakura.
------------------------------------------
Yay first chapter! I really liked the plot of the movie and thought 'hey, why not make it into a fanfic!' I hope you all enjoy it!