8.

I could tell that Sakura loved your Father a lot, even I couldn't love him that much. She never called or wrote, she left our lives with a little more than a goodbye. Your Father says that love is friendship, and I did become his friend, but I could never be his best friend. I know him well, I know he's feeling lonely. He'll never say it, but he is. He needs his friend, his love. That friend and that love is Sakura. You have to get Sakura back to your Father, give her back her first love. They're made for each other, that's the truth and that's my wish. Will you fulfill this wish of mine?

The dark haired girl slowly moved aside the last page of her mother's letter to reveal a picture of a beautiful girl with short, pink hair, tears slowly streamed down the eight year old's face. She turned her head to the picture of her mother hanging on the wall and nodded her head.

'I'll do it mom, no matter what.'

-

Sakura sat with her grandmother as they watched TV, Sasuke soon came and joined them, sitting next to his daughter. Sakura watched her father as he turned away, before quickly picking up the letter from her mother to see the picture of her father's former best friend. She smiled as she stared at the woman, holding the picture to her chest as she slowly fell asleep against her father's shoulder. A few minutes later, Sasuke slowly pried the slips of papers from his daughter's hands and placed it on the coffee table, before picking up the young girl and carrying her to her room. If he had unfolded the papers, he could have seen the best friend he so obviously missed so much.

The next morning, Mikoto was scolding Mr. Uzumaki, Sakura's grandfather, to remember to pick them up. Why? Because last time they visited he forgot to pick them up at the airport. They weren't going for a simple visit though, They were going for Karin's death anniversary.

Meanwhile, Sakura watched her favourite talk show host, Hinata Hyuga, play some sort of game with her live audience.

"Hey everyone, welcome back to your favourite show!" Hinata spoke.

"Today, we're going to play a new game!" The audience cheered behind the dark haired beauty.

"Here's how it works. I'll say a word, and you have to say the first word that comes to your mind in association! But, you won't get any time to think about it!" The young girl watched intently as Hinata went around, playing the game with her audience.

Finally she got to one person, and what happened intrigued Sakura even more. "Alright, do you want to play?" Hinata asked a man with spiky, brown hair tied in a ponytail.

"Sure." The man replied, sounding almost bored.

"Alright, heart." Hinata said the first word.

"Love." The man replied.

"Love." Hinata repeated the word.

"Temari." Was his answer. Suddenly a girl with sandy blonde hair turned to him.

"Shikamaru, you love me?!" She asked, shock visible on her face.

"Of course." He smirked.

Hinata laughed as she turned back to her camera man. "See guys? This game really works! You should try it, now then, we'll be back after a short break..."

Sakura tuned her out as a genius idea came to her mind, perhaps she could find out if her father really loved this 'Sakura Haruno' person.