13.

Sakura Uchiha wanted to scream, her future step mother was in her grasp and she just slipped out of it like water, how could her fiancé come here?! She knew she was being unreasonable, this man seemed perfectly fine. Naruto allowed her to call him her uncle and even gave her piggy back rides whenever she looked too tired to walk. He treated her like she was family all because he found out her father was Sakura Haruno's best friend.

Sasuke on the other hand, was acting like a teenager who's parents woke him up too early: grumpy and hard to reason with. He knew he couldn't do anything about it, Sakura chose who she wanted to be with and so did he. Yet these feeling he didn't even know he had for her kept coming back, he hated it.

Sakura was literally ready to disappear from the face of the earth. She really thought she could learn to love Naruto, he was sweet and kind and deserved every good thing that came to him. Yet here he was, stuck with a girl who wasn't sure about who she loves or cares more for. In the end, she knew she would marry Naruto no matter what. Sasuke was in the past and he should've stayed there, he chose Karin, and he made a good choice with that one.

Naruto was just oblivious, though he could sense the tension in the air. Something happened that he didn't know about, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to know what it was. Currently, he was assisting little Sakura with a drawing. They were waiting for his Sakura and the other camp leaders to set up an activity, and Sasuke was off somewhere doing who knows what.

"Hey, uncle!" The little girl called out, Naruto looked up, smiling.

"Yes, Sakura Jr?" He asked.

"Why do you want to marry Ms Sakura? You could probably get anyone you wanted, yet you chose her. No offence to Ms Sakura, but you could do a lot better.." the girl let out, some part of her really hoped it would sway him into not marrying the woman.

Naruto laughed, "who could possibly be better than Sakura?" He looked at the child expectantly, the whole conversation was quite amusing to him.

"Uhh.. HINATA HYUGA!" She blurted out, Hinata was the first woman she could think of, sadly she didn't seem to interest Naruto at all. He simply laughed, and before he could reply they were called out by Sakura.

__

Sakura was getting restless, being around Sasuke after last night was extremely awkward. They were avoiding each other's gazes and refused to stand near one another. After the long, almost stressful day, Sakura went up to Naruto with her mind set on what she wanted.

"Naruto, I need to tell you something.." she said, looking at her fiancé.

"Sure, sit down though, you look tired." He replied, motioning to the spot on the bed next to him.

"I want to go home, and get married as soon as possible!" She said, so quickly it was almost hard for Naruto to understand. However, he knew what she meant and a great big smile overtook his face.

"Of course, we'll leave first thing tomorrow morning!"

As they did, the whole camp said goodbye, and Sasuke simply watched on with dull, almost sad looking eyes.

Just as Sakura was about to walk through the gates and towards Naruto and his car, officially leaving the camp, someone grabbed her hand.

"Sakura." Was all he had to say to stop her.

"What do you want, Sasuke? I have to go.." she said, slowly turning to face him.

"You're leaving again, and you didn't even tell me... again." He said quietly, so that only Sakura could hear the hurt in his voice.

She looked at him sadly, and then wrapped her arms around him. He replied to the her immediately, hugging her tightly and not wanting to let her go.

From off in the distance, Naruto watched them with curiosity and just a hint of jealousy.

"Goodbye Sasuke." She said, letting go and walking towards the car, away from him.

__

To say Sasuke was surprised that he and his daughter were invited to Sakura's wedding was an understatement. Yet he knew he was going, no matter how much it pained him. He'd lost her once, and if going to her wedding could prevent him from losing her again, he'd go.

Sasuke however, didn't get this determination on his own, Sakura Uchiha simply looked at him on their trip home from the camp and said "I miss her."

Sasuke then realized he missed her too, more than he was willing to admit.

______

Im finishing my ongoing stories whether I want to or not, don't worry! I know how it feels to find an unfinished story I really like, only for me to find out the author hasn't updated since 2015...

Love you guys!