10.

"Please dad?"

"No."

"Please~"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I said so." Sasuke said, staring at his daughter. "You're only eight, how could I let you go by yourself?"

"Grandma could come with me!" Sakura Uchiha said, earning a look from Mikoto.

"It's a summer camp Sakura, you're supposed to go alone." Sasuke explained.

"But it said on the pamphlet that kids ages eight to twelve could go!" Sakura shot back.

"No is no, that's final." Sasuke said, getting up. If he continued this pointless argument he would be late for work.

Sakura looked down at her feet. "Okay then.."

-

"Do you have to go?" Naruto asked for the nth time as he watched his fiancée pack some clothes into a suitcase.

"Yes Naruto. I already told you, I signed up months ago to volunteer at the camp." She exclaimed.

Naruto sighed. "I won't even get to see you leave, I'll be on a business trip by then."

Sakura stopped packing her clothes and turned around, wrapping her arms around Naruto. "I'll only be gone for a month, maybe less!" She laughed.

Naruto hugged her back, "I know, but I'll miss you.." he mumbled.

Sakura smiled, she was lucky she found someone like him.

-

"How are we going to meet her now?!" Sakura Uchiha groaned, leaning on her grandmother.

Mikoto patted the young girl's head. "Who said we needed your father's permission?"

Sakura looked up at her grandmother skeptically. "What do you mean?"

"He won't be back for a few days," Mikoto started. "If we leave now, we'll get to the camp in time for it to open!"

Sakura's eyes widened in delight as she immediately sprang up from the couch. "Let's go pack!"

Mikoto giggled, following her lively grand-daughter up the stairs.

___

They had arrived at the camp in a day's time, just in time for it to open. Kids flooded trough the wooden gates and across the bridge that led to the camp site. At that very site, Sakura Uchiha spotted a woman that looked almost identical to the woman in the picture her mother had left for her. She had the same pink hair, that was much longer now, and the same sparkling, green eyes. Sakura looked around, trying to find her grandmother, only to spot her chatting with the camp leader, a man who had very bushy eyebrows and a bowl cut. Shrugging, the young girl skipped up the the pink haired woman and gave her a bright smile and a wave.

Sakura Haruno looked at the girl and gave her an apologetic smile. "Sorry sweetie, I just ran out of balloons."

"It's okay." The younger girl said. "My name is Sakura, what's yours?"

"Hey! My name is Sakura too." She replied.

"Why did your parents name you Sakura?" The younger girl asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Hmm, I don't really know. Why did your parents name you Sakura?" She asked back.

"Because both of my parents loved you." Was all the girl said before skipping off again, leaving the pink haired woman slightly confused.

___

To say Sasuke was surprised when he came back to an empty house was an understatement, he was beyond shocked. He sat on his bed and sighed, feeling a sense of loss as his favourite little girl wasn't with him. Suddenly he perked up, a crazy idea that he'd never imagine himself doing popped up in his head. With another sigh, Sasuke pulled himself up off of his bed and grabbed his jacket. He could only hope that Hinata's show was still live.

___

Downtown was crowded with people, all watching the raven haired beauty they knew as Hinata Hyuga.

"Welcome back everyone!" She yelled into her microphone. "Today we're gonna start the show off with some special messages. If you want to give a message to your significant other, come on up!"

Sasuke grunted, Sakura wasn't his significant other but hopefully this would work. He walked up to Hinata just as she had finished talking to another viewer.

"Hello sir! Would you like to send out a message to someone special?" She asked.

"Yes actually," he said, yet his back was facing the camera. "This.. is live right now?"

"Uh yes, but the camera is-"

"So whatever I say now is being shown on television as we speak?"

"Yes, but if you could just turn-"

"Oh so can I start now?"

Hinata sighed and simply turned the man around, and finally Sasuke started speaking.

__

Sakura Haruno tucked in some of the children and bid them goodnight, turning around to find one last girl still awake.

"Hey," she said, getting the girl's attention.

"Oh, hi Ms. Sakura, sorry, I was just telling my mom goodnight." The younger girl, also known as Sakura, said.

"Your mom?" Sakura asked, confused.

The girl nodded, hugging a picture frame she was holding to her chest. "Mom might not be alive, but she'll always be in my heart." She said quietly, placing the frame down on the side of her bed.

Sakura Haruno looked at the girl with sad eyes, before patting her head and tucking her in as well. "You're right," Sakura said. "Your mom will always be with you."

__

Sakura Haruno had just tucked in the rest of the kids and was about to go to sleep herself. Yet a certain voice calling her name from the television stopped her, making her spin around to face it.

"Sakura, it's me." Sasuke said, looking into the camera. "Where did you go? Why did you leave?"

Sakura stared at her former best friend through the television, dumbstruck.

"You know that I love you very much, right? So please come back." He spoke again, shocking Sakura even more, was he really talking about her?

"Who's Sakura to you, Mr- uhm.." Hinata trailed off.

"Sasuke, Sasuke Uchiha. And Sakura is my eight year old daughter, she's run off somewhere and I don't know where." He said.

Sakura Haruno's eyes widened, before she sprung up from her bed and went to Sakura Uchiha's tent. She picked up the frame that the child was holding and immediately, silent tears began rolling down her face. From the picture frame, Karin Uzumaki stared back at her.

__________________________

Wow I finally updated 😱 I really apologize for having such a long hiatus! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I promise that I'll try to update sooner!