after all [reprise]

the rooftop was our place.
it was where
we sipped the moon's
silver tears,
it was where
we told each other secrets.

we spent the longest nights there,
we slept, as if we were
at the border of the city,
the edge of the universe.

where the world begins,
where the world ends,
it didn't matter then.

and after all of our
disagreements and differences,

(because you were art and
i wasn't, though you
believed the contrary
and said that i was
muse material—
which made me blush
and i swore i'd never leave you.)

after all this time,
we were finally complete.

***

blurb (which can be skipped)

we're so fricking close to the end i'm saaaaad :'(

before the last part, i'd like to talk a bit about this whole book, which in the end i am really happy with.

when i began writing this i never thought i'd come up with so many poems. i just thought, "why not try a collection of poetry" and i didn't have any expectations. i had never really tried to do poetry in english, but i had read some on wattpad and really liked it. after all turned out to be such a great ride, and all of the support that i received warmed my heart every time, inspiring me to write more. even though it's clearly not the best out there and some of my poems make me cringe real hard, i'm grateful and i loved the experience.

the title "after all" was a very basic idea. i wanted to do something to cheer people up, make them feel good, grandiose even. most poetry collections that i read were quite heartbreaking but beautiful nonetheless and so i wanted to explore a bright, luminous side of that type of writing. i know there are a few poems in here that are a bit more sad/emotional (boys around me have a tendency to inspire the creation of wrecked stanzas, how surprising) but i think that in general i attained my goal of giving you some courage and comfort when you needed it.

after all is about dreaming with our eyes wide open, telling people we love them, spreading inspiration and appreciate ourselves. after all, and beyond everything we may hate about others and us, we're humans and we should cherish every moment.

thank you to all of you. ♥️

kimi x

ps: i'd like to know what were your favourite poems? my personal picks are:

- the one for my mom

- the living like kings and queens one

- the one about the indie boy with feelings

- the one that i'm about to publish up next.......