Chapter 7 - A hard day's work

"I'm not commencing my evil plan just yet. I'll give you some time before that happens."

~ Archer Waters (Tornado)

A normal day for Celeste Moctezuma was already bad, but she especially hated the days when the Kingdom Hills High cafeteria ladies decided to turn up the heat.

Artic Frost didn't enjoy heat.

It didn't help that the heat was paired with the idiot students who went to Kingdom Hills High. The students reigned supreme because they all had rich daddies. Delilah Sivan, the daughter of the principle, Mrs. Sivan, could just about get away with anything since her mother thought she was an angel. That also meant Delilah could be your savior or your impending doom depending on your stance.

Celeste herself was on neutral terms with the girl. Their paths never seemed to cross. Other kids weren't so lucky.

"Are you kidding me? How could you do this to me?"

The entire school seemed to be watching the spectacle in the cafeteria. Clark Rogers, the resident boy popular, had just apparently cheated on Delilah with her best friend, Candace Miller.

Clark wasn't that bright. Or maybe that was just Celeste's bias since he was still one of the suspects for Wild Fire. And she obviously didn't view him as a mastermind.

"C'mon, baby. You know that I would never do that to you. You know how much of a lying bitch Candace can be."

Okay, it wasn't just a bias. The boy was so stupid that he didn't realize the hole he was digging himself into.

"Did you just call my best friend a bitch? It's one thing to want to break up with me by making up some outrageous lie, but to drag my best friend into it? You really are a monster. Have fun trying to cheat your way through calculus without my mother's protection. I predict that you'll be suspended by sixth period."

Clark's face fell as he realized what that meant.

"Wait, baby, I didn't mean it!"

She gave him the coldest stare that Celeste had ever seen (considering that she had ice powers, that was saying something) and walked towards him slowly. "Try apologizing when you actually care for my feelings."

He backed up as she walked forward. Celeste probably should've seen it coming, since she was sitting right behind Clark as the pair was arguing, but she was unprepared when he slipped on the shining tile and flipped his tray. It spun through the air and his food landed splat on her white shirt.

God, Celeste hated sloppy joe days.

The entire cafeteria was unsure of what to do, but after a couple of hesitant laughs, the crowd burst in a chorus of hoots and hollers. It was unclear whether they were laughing at Clark Rogers for being such a dumbass, or Celeste for getting food dropped all over her chest.

Delilah gave her ex one last disapproving stare before turning around and walking off with her friends. Clark's fellow football buddies were quick to help him on to his feet. No one dared to approach Celeste Moctezuma.

She sighed and gathered her backpack before heading out of the cafeteria. Celeste got a couple of snickers and upturned stares as she left, which she combated with her own iron gaze. She wasn't going to let anyone look down on her, not when she had immense power and could make those stupid idiots freeze to death if she felt like it.

They could go ahead and laugh at her now, but they didn't know who they were dealing with. She wouldn't be surprised if one day they found themselves frozen in a block of ice, only to slowly die from hyperthermia. Or maybe she'd make them suffer, freezing the water in their ear canals.