Chapter 15 - People are Incredibly annoying

"You only have your thoughts and dreams ahead of you. You are someone. You mean something."

~ Bruce Wayne (Batman)

Celeste was not having the best day in school. The night before she had failed miserably in trying to capture the new superhero. She would've been able to do it to if it hadn't been for Silver Streak popping up.

Basically, what had happened was that Celeste took what should've been her night off of villainy to try and look for the new super in town. The quicker she found him, the quicker she could get Wild Fire out of her hair forever. If she knew his identity, he would never be able to stop her plans again without fear of his identity being revealed to the world.

So, she thought the best way to lure him out without bringing too much attention to herself was finding some way to get in trouble so he'd have to save her. She thought it wouldn't work after the third time having to defeat the goon herself when a huge group of drunk frat boys started heckling her. If that didn't attract a wannabe superhero, she didn't know what would.

When the boys cornered her in the alley, she finally got a glimpse of this so-called hero that killed Paul Rossi. He was in an old red jacket and jeans. He seemed to be wearing those awful shoes that that self-obsessed superheroine Sonic made and a mask that looked like a toddler made it in art class. He didn't look like much at all. If Trevor Rossi thought that this disheveled teen was the one who finally took down the leader of the legendary Rossi Corp, he must've been wrong.

But a job is a job. If this guy showed any sign of being faster than humanly possible, she was taking him.

When the kid showed no signs of fighting back when the boys heckled him too, Celeste thought she may have to save herself again. This was just another hopeful non-powered vigilante who was trying too hard, not a super.

And then it happened in the blink of an eye. A red blur passed through the ranks of frat boys until they were all left unconscious on the ground. Celeste smiled and her hands starting to create a frost around her. This was the guy that was going to get her what she had always wanted.

And then Silver Streak showed up on the roof opposite them. Celeste cursed. She may have been a super villain with immeasurable power, but she didn't want to try her chances against an experienced hero like Silver Streak and a super with speed. She would just have to try another day.

So, Celeste snuck away while the two were bantering. If Silver Streak now knew of the new super, soon the other heroes in the city would soon know too. Well, maybe not White Knight. White Knight was the one who fought the bigger threats and had all the big press conferences. He seemed a bit separated from the real problems in the city. She could see Silver Streak communicating more with Wild Fire than White Knight. Besides, if the rumors were true, she used to work with Wild Fire.

But because of the failed attempt, Celeste was in a sour mood. They were supposed to be doing a history paper, but everyone in the class was taking the time to gossip instead. Celeste didn't mind. It gave her updates on her main suspect for Wild Fire.

"I heard Clark was able to get back together with Delilah."

She almost scoffed at that. Of course Clark Rogers, suspect #1, found a way to keep his powerful girlfriend even after cheating on her with her best friend. It seemed like something an egotistical superhero would do. Stay with the principle's daughter so you never get in trouble.

"Yeah, he convinced her that Candace was lying about the whole incident."

"I wouldn't put it past Candace to lie about it. She's such an attention whore."