Chapter 14 - Super villains shape us all

"From the studio that inexplicably sewed his fucking mouth shut the first time comes five-time Academy Award viewer, Ryan Reynolds in an eHarmony date with destiny. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... me! Deadpool."

~ Wade Wilson (Deadpool)

April took a deep breath as she finally turned on her phone. She'd had it all the way off ever since she arrived in San Francisco. She didn't want to hear what her parents had to say about her disappearance after their fight, but since the day had finally come when she was appointed to visit Alcatraz, she had no choice but to face what she'd done.

The first messages to show up made April cringe.

Dad – April, where are you?

Dad – If you don't come home right this instant, you are grounded for life!

Dad – I will have you know that I have advised the warden at the prison not to let you enter the premises.

April groaned. Of course her amazing superhero father had connections at the prison. The warden himself, Storm Chaser, was a retired superhero and was one of her father's friends. But maybe, just maybe, the warden would realize she was an adult and her father had no power over where she decided to spend her time. She hoped the warden was reasonable.

Mr. Annoying Superhero – Where R U?

Mr. Annoying Superhero – Janus won't tell me where you are and I'm getting worried.

She felt a bit bad for Brandon in that sense. He just wanted to keep her safe, and she left without telling him. It wasn't his fault he treated her like a damsel, it was all he had been taught to do. He was just doing his best to help her.

April – Don't worry, I'm fine. I'll be back home soon.

The text message back was almost instantaneous.

Mr. Annoying Superhero – I'm coming to find you.

April – Please don't. I need some space. Maybe you can finally beat Black Knight if he isn't able to have me hostage. Just promise me you won't come after me.

There was a longer pause this time before the reply.

Mr. Annoying Superhero – I promise.

Mr. Annoying Superhero – but if I think you're in trouble, nothing in the world will keep me from you.

April couldn't help but to smile. Brandon meant well.

The next thing that popped up on her phone was a news update from the Super News Network. It recapped the events of the weekend and Monday night. Apparently a lot had happened in Empire City since she left.

Breaking news!

CEO DEAD AND NEW SUPERHERO IN TOWN?

Written by Meredith Temple

On Friday night CEO of Rossi Corp, Paul Rossi, was reportedly shot by a mugger, though inside sources say that the shooter was hired to take Rossi's life. While in the hospital, Rossi suffered a mix up with his medication and died. The cause of death has not been publically released, but sources inside the hospital say the mix up in his medication may not have been accidental.

You can come back and check up on updates as the SNN receives more news on the subject. You can post your theories down in the comments.

In other news, a new superhero was spotted in Kingdom City during the night saving woman from five attackers using super speed. It is unknown who this speedster is or how he got his powers, but this red cloaked figure that the SNN has dubbed as Momentum sure seems to be taking the city by storm. Hopefully soon we will get another public sighting of this new hero.