Chapter 6: Home

"Kaito?!" I call once I push past the mansion doors. I look back and forth down each hall as I run to look for anyone. "Chieftain?" I call.

"Edith? You guys are here already?" I hear a voice ask. I turn toward it and I'm greeted with the confused face of Kaito. A smile grows on my face and I run to him and meet him in a hug.

"Kaito!"

"Hey, Little Edith," Kaito says chuckling. "Where's everyone else?" I sweatdrop and glance behind me to see an empty hall.

"Crap...I guess I accidentally left them..." I mutter under my breath. Kaito just laughs.

"That's just like you."

"Eeeeeeedaaaa!" I hear another voice call. I turn around to see Shiroya running down the hall with everyone else following. "Don't just run off like that!"

"Why not? It's just home!" I argue.

"She's got a point, Shiroya." Kaito says backing me up. I stick my tongue out then glance over the group. Everyone seems tired from the trip, but Yayoi seems disgusted and Ran almost disappointed. I tilt my head slightly and his gaze goes from me, to behind me, then to the floor. Confused, I glance to where he was looking and I realize I'm still hugging Kaito. With slightly warm cheeks, I let go of him and stepped back whilst clearing my throat.

"H-how about I show you guys around before we meet up with the Chieftain?" I ask.

~Time Skipu~

"Hello Mikaela, Edith. I hope your journey wasn't too difficult." The chieftain greets us.

"No sir." Mika replied.

"Other than the blistering heat when we entered the village, the trip was fine." I add. "It's much hotter than when we left, sir..."

"Yes, the Drop of Fire has become more polluted. I'm assuming that's why the heat has increased. Now, I've been informed that you two are to purify our symbol, am I correct?" He asks with a raised brow.

"Yes sir, we are. If you grant us permission, Edith and I, and the other ninja of course, we will be sure to restore the drop of fire and the summer village." Mika explains with a look of determination in her eyes. I nod firmly at her statement.

The chieftain smiles before turning his gaze to me. "Edith."

"Sir?"

"I think it would be beneficial for your group to rest a day before going out to the drop of fire. The sea of lapis isn't in the best sailing condition today." He explains.

"Yes sir. I can show everyone around today and we can go to the sea tomorrow."

"That will be wonderful. Be sure to show them all of our favorite spots."

"Yes sir!"

"Sir, does that mean you give us permission to purify the drop of fire?" Mika asks. The chieftain looks at her before chuckling heartily.

"Of course, my dear!" He says. "Of course I'd let my two favorite girls go and save my village." He says. I smile, and so does Mikaela. The chieftain then looks to Kaito.
"Son."

"Yes Father?" Kaito asks stepping forward.

"Do show the ninja to the rooms they can stay in, then you are free to roam the village as you please."