chapter 8

A/N my friend Ashley helped me out with the idea about the ring.

Around 9am Eli woke up trying not to wake up Fay so he could go out. He wanted to run to Wal-Mart and buy her and promise ring to show her how much he cared about her. Before he left Eli gently kissed her on the forehead. When he got to Wal-Mart he went to jewelry corner and found a heart silver promise ring. He had I love you engraved on it. When he got home she was still sleep he woke up Fay.

"Hunny wake up I have something for you." Fay woke up and hugged him she sat next to him. Eli put the gift in her hand. She opened the gift and saw the ring she put in on looking in his brown eyes.

"I love the ring it's beautiful."

"It's a promise ring. Meaning as long as you wear it we always be together." She wrapped her arms around Eli holding him tight. Both of them decided they wanted to go swimming since it was hot. When they got to the lake they got naked and jumped into the water. Soon as Fay and Eli got into the water Fay could tell something was wrong but she could still swim so that time she didn't think anything of it. About an hour later when they got the water she stepped on to her left foot and fell into Eli's arms. Eli knew something was wrong so he picked her picked and laid her down the back of the truck.

"What's a matter hunny?"

"I don't really know. My foot hurts real bad."

"Tell me what hurts." Eli ran his finger down her foot when got to middle of her foot Fay jerked her foot away.

"I think you might have broken it but we need to go the hospital." Eli left her in the back of the truck and he drove to the hospital. By the time they got there her foot had started to swelled and was black and blue. It was obvious something was really wrong. Eli picked her up and carried her into the door and put her in the wheelchair.

"I need help my girlfriend broke her foot."

"What is her name?"

"Fay Williams . Her birthday is July 17 1987." The women at the desk enter it all into her computer and put a hospital bracelet on Fay.

"Just sit there." Eli held her hand as they just waited he could tell that in her eyes she was in pain ad he wanted to take that all away.

"Hunny how long did you know something was wrong."

"I guess when we were swimming." Soon the doctor called Fay's name and the two do them walked to the back. First they took her x-ray and took some of her foot. She lay on the bed waiting to see what was wrong with her foot. About 30 minutes later the doctor came in.

"Mrs. Williams  your broke foot and we you put in a cast with a foot brace and you have wear this for 6-8 weeks. " Eli went with her to cast on when up the brace on it was a so heavy that kit almost too hard to wear. After Fay and Eli left the hospital they got in the truck and just drove.

"Fay you wanna go home and just rest."

"No lets to the dirt road and just hang out and we have a maybe a little picnic together."

"I love that idea baby." It was first time Eli called her baby and she loved it so much. She kissed his cheek only because Eli was driving, she knew the moment they got there was gonna kiss him. Fay just held his hand nice and tight Eli pulled up local deli to get some things for the picnic. When Eli and Fay got the dirt road Eli got out first to lay the blanket down the back of the truck. He picked Fay up in his arms laying her down gently in the back of her truck. Eli put his arms round her holding her hand and that was about time Fay started to kiss him. So they were making out. She seemed to forget that she was in pain and foot all wrapped up. At that moment everything was perfect because she was with the man of her dreams kissing him. As they were kissing Eli reached his hand up her shirt touching around her stomach. At first it felt weird but something bout his fingers touching her bare skin felt so right. She started to run her hand up his shirt touching his chest. Eli and Fay thought for brief moment what this would lead to. Fay just looked at her ring right hand knowing what it meant. She could tell neither of them wanted anything like that. Eli took off his shirt and Fay put her head on his bare chest. They decide to go home and watch movies because with Fay's injury they couldn't really do much. When they got home Eli and Fay sat on the bed and started to watch tv. It was quite hot and they were both sweating. For the first time Fay and Eli stripped down to their underwear and Fay lay on Eli bare chest in her fingers down it. Eli couldn't help but to think how much more beautiful in her underwear.