4.On The Low ※ The Gender Reveal Party

Oh I see all those riddles in your eyes
Makin' me so sick when I have to leave your side
Your school girl voice is the perfect place to hide
Your little sacrifices...

|5 months later|

|John POV|

JohnCena :💁💁 #boy💙or #girl❤ gender reveal party #gender #baby #genderreveal 🚼👶👀

Today was the 'big day' as Alex put it. Alex was dressed in a white sundress, while I was in a white shirt and shorts. There were baby themed things all over my parents' backyard; blue and pink balloons were everywhere. Mama made sure that everyone who entered had on ribbons that showed what they thought the babies were. Well, except my youngest nephew; he had just turned one, and really didn't have an opinion. So, Randy put him on team boy.

The majority of the family thought, since it was all balanced right now, boys and girls, that the babies would be boys

The majority of the family thought, since it was all balanced right now, boys and girls, that the babies would be boys. Alex and I were allowed to participate, but we decided that we didn't want to; after all, we were the ones who got to reveal the babies' gender.

There was plenty of food; Mama and Alex made sure of that, but everything went with the blue and pink theme. There was blue and pink ice cream (the blue was just vanilla dyed blue), pink and blue M&Ms, as well as hamburgers and hot dogs.

Finally, once everyone had eaten enough, Maryse called everyone to a part of the yard that had been sectioned off just for Alex and me

Finally, once everyone had eaten enough, Maryse called everyone to a part of the yard that had been sectioned off just for Alex and me. It was prepared so that the paint wouldn't ruin the grass, or the playground Mama had installed after her third grandchild was born.

Alex and I took our positions, with everyone surrounding us. Maryse handed us the white squeeze bottles. I tried looking in them earlier, and they were so thick you could barely tell there was even paint in there, let alone what color was inside.

"Okay, everyone, John and Alex are now going to reveal the gender of our newest family members. First, Alex will squeeze her bottle at John, because she's revealing Baby A's gender; if it is blue, it's a boy, and if it's pink, it's a girl. Then, John will do the same thing. Once they are finished, we will find out whether we will be welcoming boys, girls, or both into the family. Okay, ready?" Maryse said.

Alex and I nodded.

"One. Two. Three. Go, Alex!" Maryse and everybody shouted.

Alex squeezed that bottle with all of her might. Lo, and behold, pink paint now adorned my shirt. I was in shock. A girl; I was having a little girl. I faintly heard cheers from my family before Maryse said,

"Okay, John, now for Baby B! One. Two. Three. Go, John!" Alex and everyone shouted at me.

Everything happened in slow motion after that. All I could see was Alex's dress, now covered in pink paint.

Mama squealed.

"Thank you, God! After raising all these boys, that included my grandsons, it is nice to have more girls in this family!" My mom said.

All I could think was,

Oh, fuck, girls! I was going to be the father to twin girls. How am I, a tough as nails SWAT team leader, supposed to deal with girls?

I couldn't believe it. I was going to be the father of twin girls. I almost passed out, but, I thankfully remembered that I was still in the presence of my brothers, who loved to tease me.

Brie quickly came to Alex's side.

"Alex, do you know if they are fraternal or identical?" Brie asked.

Alex looked around. Everyone had their eyes on her, waiting for her answer.

"I wasn't going to tell you all, but since you asked; they are going to be identical." Alex said.

Now I really was starting to feel dizzy. Not only was I going to be the father of twin girls, but I was going to be the father of identical twin girls. Two girls who looked exactly alike; how was I ever going to tell them apart?

Before I knew it, I was on the ground, breathing heavily. Alex rushed over to my side,

"John, are you okay? Talk to me…" Alex said. Dad was on my other side.

"Take some deep breaths, son. Breathe in…breathe out…breathe in…breathe out…" My Dad said.

It took a few tries, but I finally got my breathing under control.

"I'm fine, Alex. I'm just really worried about telling the girls apart, and how I'm going to handle having two girls." I said.

Before she could respond, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Randy and Jason laughing their asses off at my comment.

"Johnny-boy, you're not the only man in this family with girls, man. Between Jason and me, we have five girls! Trust us, you'll be fine. Your manhood isn't in jeopardy. Besides, knowing you, they're already wrapped around your fingers." Randy said.

Alex giggled.

"They're right, John. It's not like the girls are coming tomorrow. We have four months to decide nursery ideas, names, and ideas for how to tell them apart. I'm sure your mother wouldn't mind coming up with a few ideas for us. If we can survive what life has already thrown at us, these two little girls will be a piece of cake." Alex said.

I had to laugh. We had been through a lot recently. I could only hope that Alex was right about the girls being easier than our lives had been recently.