Love - A Dramione Story

All the characters and places belongs to J.K. Rowling, not me. Set after the battle of Hogwarts, is being re-edited after rereading and much cringing. So if the quality of the writing changes dramatically, that's why. Nothing plot wise should change, but hopefully everything will be smoother. That is, Hermione and Draco will not immediately fall in love. It might be spaced out a little.

Chapter 1. Forgiveness and Vampires 

Hermione’s POV

I was sitting in a compartment on the Hogwarts Express with Ginny, who had quickly become a good friend of mine. We were going back to school, Merlin help us. I wondered how it would look, given all the destruction from the battle.

“It’s going to feel so weird, being here without Harry and Ron.” I sighed. The two had immediately gone into the Auror business, and were excepted immedietely, what a surprise. I, however, wanted to finish my education at Hogwarts and take the NEWTS.

“I know." Ginny agreed. "I really miss Harry, and it’s weird, knowing I’m the only Weasly at the school.”

 She and Harry did make possibly the most adorable couple ever. Ron and I had broken up a few weeks before. Our relationship was rocky for, well, the entire relationship, and it just wasn't worth the work. 

“Don’t worry, we’ll see Harry soon.” I said, patting Ginny on the arm. She smiled at me gratefully. They were still in their puppy love stage. I had a feeling it would be a perpetual puppy love stage. Yawning, she took out a book. I was about to do the same when a second-year with dark hair opened our compartment and told me, with a wavering voice, poor thing, that Headmistress McGonagall wanted to see me.

I wasn’t surprised, seeing as she had sent me a lengthy letter congratulating me on being this years Head Girl.

"Be back in a minute." I called behind me as I slipped out the door. As I walked to McGonagall’s compartment, I wondered who the Head Boy would be. No doubt some studious Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.

I carefully opened the door and slipped inside, only to find myself face to face with someone I did not expect, nor particularly want to see.

“Sorry, I was just looking for McGonagall.” I said.

“She just went to go get some pumpkin pasties from the trolley." Malfoy said, with less malice than he had in the entire time I had known him. "She told me to tell you to wait here for her.” 

“Alright.” I said suspiciously. “Dare I ask why are you here?”

“Well, I thought it would be obvious. I’m the new Head Boy.” he replied, smirking . My face paled. Malfoy? Head Boy?But the Heads always shared a common room. I would have to share a common room with Malfoy.

“Are, erm, you alright?” 

“Was that concern I heard?” I asked sarcastically. He didn’t respond to that. There were a few seconds of awkward silence.

“So I don't really know how to broach the subject, but…”  

“Whatever it is, spit it out.” I said, perhaps a bit too shortly, confused as to why he would even be attempting to talk to me.

“Right. Well, for my entire time at Hogwarts I was basically a giant dick to everyone, especially you, and I feel kind of bad about that, so, I'm sorry?"

I blinked. "Alright?"

~