Chapter 16. Almost Christmas! (And Exams)

Hermione’s POV

After we got out of the pensieve and Draco recovered from the initial shock, he seemed to take it pretty well. He knew that Narcissa still saw him as a son, and she knows that he still thinks of her as a mother. We spent the rest of the day with her, going through Lucius’s things and chatting. It was a pretty big shock to Draco, but I think he’s relieved. I know I would be, having a father like that… Anyway, at around seven we apparated back. Draco was in a pretty  good mood. To be honest,  I felt sort of detached the entire day; like it wasn’t actually happening. The weekend went by pretty fast: chatting, sleeping, reading, eating, kissing… You get the idea. Monday was typical. Loads of sleep deprived teens wandering around like zombies. Nothing big really happened. I had a couple tests, Neville almost blew up the potions room, nothing new. The rest of the week passed in a blur. I had forgotten how much I loved this school. The holidays were approaching rapidly, and exams were coming up.

The Monday after

“How were the reviews?” I asked Draco.

He made a face. “Boring. They’re always pretty easy.”

I nodded. “Guess what?” I asked.

“What?” Draco answered, slightly amused.

“It’s almost Christmas!” I burst out.

He nodded. “Right. We need to go to Hogsmeade soon…”

I yawned. “Yeah.”

“Are you going home for Christmas?” I asked.

“Haven’t really thought about it much.” he shrugged. “I was thinking about visiting my mother, then coming back. I don’t really know, though. I’m pretty sure she’s going on some business trip-something about Lucius’s will.”

“I’ve got a great idea!!!” I shouted energetically.

He raised one eyebrow. “And what’s that?”

“You could spend Christmas with ME!"

“Um, I don’t know if your parents would appreciate me intruding…”

“I’ll ask them. It would be perfect! You haven’t met them yet, and you don’t have anywhere to go for Christmas.” It really was a great idea.

He just chuckled softly. “Go ask your parents.” he said, amused.

I threw my arms around his neck. “Yay!”

Draco’s POV

“Yay!” Hermione yelled enthusiastically as she threw her arms around my neck. I smiled and kissed her quickly on the lips. Then she was off to owl her letter to her parents. For some reason, she was really hyper. I bet she had already chosen a gift for me… I need to think of what to get her. Suddenly, a thought came to my mind. I grinned widely and grabbed a quill and some parchment.

Ginny’s POV

“It’s almost Christmas!” I yelled. Hermione covered her ears and Seamus glanced at me as if I was crazy. He shook his head and went back to stuffing his face with pumpkin pasties. “Hey Seamus, how can you eat so much and not get fat?” I asked.

“Mcus imph norta gerfl.”

“What?” Hermione and I asked at the same time.

He swallowed and cleared his throat. “Because I’m not a girl.”

“Oh yes, that makes perfect sense. How come I didn’t think of that?” Hermione asked sarcastically. Seamus shrugged and kept eating.

“So what are  you getting Draco for Christmas?” I said, changing the subject.

“It’s a surprise.” she whispered.

“What’s the surprise?” I whispered back. She whispered something in my ear, and with every word I thought it was more and more perfect. “He’ll love it!” I yelled excitedly.

Seamus nodded along. “Mmph!”

“Seamus, you don’t know what it is.” He shrugged again. We shook our heads.

Harry’s POV

“I almost miss the exams.” I yawned.

 “Yeah… Almost.” Ron replied.

“Ron, I know your sorry for what you did.” He nodded forlornly. “You should get Hermione something. Write her letter, maybe. Just… Apologize. She does love you, just… Like a brother. You need to accept that and move on.”

“I know that. It’s just… It would be so much easier if she weren’t with Malfoy.”

“He’s not like he was. Just let her go.”

He nodded.“What should I get her?”