Ch. 15 Change

ch 15

Draco’s POV

She nodded. “Let’s go.” I nodded back and went to go find a shirt. After several minutes of searching, I gave up.

“Mione!” I called. “I can’t find a shirt!”

I heard a groan. “Of course you can’t.” She replied. She walked into my room and pulled back the sheets on my bed, revealing a stack of clothes piled neatly at the foot of it.

“Oh.” I mumbled. “Thanks.”

She tossed me a blue shirt and waited as I slipped it on. “Ready?” She asked. I nodded.

“Let’s go.”

After a five minute walk down to the grounds, we arrived at the boundary of the school. “Exactly where is this Manor?” she asked.

I shrugged. “I’ll apparate there. You can side apparate.”

“Oh, joy.” She muttered. “My favorite form of travel.” I chuckled as she took my hand.

“Off we go.” I said, and disapparated.

After a few seconds of that weird outer-space-no-air feeling, we arrived at the Manor. I winced. “Ah, home.” I said sadly. I walked up and opened the door. “Mother?” I called cautiously.

“Draco, darling.” She ran up to me and gave me a hug. “Mother. What happened?” I asked.

“In a minute!” She exclaimed, then turned towards Hermione. “Would you like some tea, dear?” She asked.

“Oh, no thank you.” Mione replied

. “Are you sure? And you, Draco?” We shook our heads. She sighed. “Very well, come with me.” We followed her up the stairs and to my fathers study. As we entered the room, I noticed boxes and chests had been opened. “I’ve been looking through his things… Seeing what’s worth keeping.” she explained. “It’s hard to explain. After you see it, you’ll understand.” She rummaged through one of them and came up with a small vial. “This little jar contains so much…” She said. “So many memories…”

I gasped. “He kept some of his memories?!”

She nodded. She unstopped the bottle and poured it into a dish next to her. “He kept more from you then you realize.” she warned. “You should take Hermione with you; you’ll need the support.” I nodded and squeezed Mione’s hand gently.

“Ready?” I asked.

“Ready.” she replied. We leaned down and submerged our faces into the liquid.

We surfaced in the dining room of the Manor, around fifteen or twenty years before, judging on Lucius’s appearance. “I gave him his chance.” A voice hissed to Lucius. I could vaguely make out a dark shape; a figure cloaked in black.

“Voldemort.” I said. Mione’s hand tightened around mine.

“Perhaps he just-“ Lucius began.

“No!” Voldemort growled. “He gave us his answer. Unfortunately for him, it’s the wrong one.” Lucius stayed quiet, fear evident on his face. “You want to join my rank of Deatheater, yes?” He asked.

Lucius swallowed. “I do, my Lord.”

“Well then, this is your chance. Kill him. Kill his wife. They have made an enemy the should not have. It will be their last mistake.”

“Ye-yes Lord.” He stuttered.

“You have your orders.” Voldemort told him, and disapparated. Lucius walked over to a chair and put his head in his hands. Apparently, this was when he still had a conscious. The scene changed.