Goodbye Sight (BoyxBoy)

[Sort Of Edited]

Noah's pov

Today I was given horrible news.News that had officially changed my life. I'm never going to be able to do the things I do now. I won't be able to play soccer, that was my dream career and now..My dream has been shattered. Gone. 

Just why? Why did this have to happen to me? I understand that this disease runs through my family but I never thought it'd happen to me. But..they must have made a mistake, I'm fine! I'm better than fine, I'm great. But I know that they didn't make a mistake, everything she said was right.

I was in the middle of soccer practice during break as my phone rang, it was our family doctor. She told me go to see her immidiately and I was curious yet freaking out on the inside from the tone of her voice. And once I got there, I was given the life changing news. I was shock, which I still am.

I was currently standing at my front door, I don't know for how long though. How am I supposed to tell my family if I can't even take in the news myself? I know for a fact they're going to be supportive but devistated. I finally took a final breath; not literally and opened the door. I just want to go to my room without any disruption. I need to be alone and clear my mind before I tell them. But the question is when.

Peeling my shoes off and walking towards the stairs slowly, I watched every step I took so I wouldn't make a creak. But you know, it creaked. I groaned, tilting my head back not even caring that I made a sound anymore.

"Noah, sweetie, is that you?" My mothers voice came from the kitchen. I heard tapping on the wooden floor, the sound getting louder and louder as she finally faced me. Her eyes looking at me but through me. Her stick in her hand, holding it tightly. I blinked back my tears quickly and cleared my throat.

"Yea, it's me, ma." A smile quickly appeared on her lips.

"How was school and soccer practice?" She asked pushing her chestnut colored hair; which I got from her, away from her face. 

"It was fine. I'm tired so I'm going to lay down." She nodded and searched for my arm to give it a rub before turning away as the tapping began again. Having to bite my lip so the tears wouldn't fall, I quickly ran up the stairs and slammed my door shut and jumped onto my bed face first.

No, no, no! This is all a dream, a nightmare. I'm going to wake up any minute now and then breathe a sigh of relief realizing it wasn't real.

But I know that's not going to happen.

*

I've been in the same position since I got home. Just a few minutes ago my brother came in telling me that supper was ready and then asked me what was wrong.

I didn't mean to be rude but I ignored him. He eventually got the idea that I wasn't going to answer and left. I sighed to myself and pulled myself up and headed down for supper.

Everyone was seated at the table digging into their food. Thanks for waiting. Not that I really care actually. It was stir fry which I'm not really a fan of.

Once I took a seat my father looked at me. "Anything new happen today?"

Oh yea, I'm going to be just like mom! 

I looked away and took a bite of my food. "Nope." From the corner of ny eye I saw him nod. I'm actually surprised to see he home so early. He usually doesn't come home until eight or nine. Maybe his scheduel changed again.

I looked at everyone at the table. When is the last time I'm going to see them? To see anything? Looking my dad, his dark brown hair was pulled back with gel. His light brown eyes that were behind a pair of glasses were focused on his food as he ate. He was still wearing his work clothes but his tie was loosened.

My brother and I looked similar, sometimes we were mistaken for twins. We both had pale blue, hazel eyes. Pale but slightly tanned skin. The only few differences was that he had a bit more muscle than me and was taller. He stands at 6'0 while I stand at 5'10.  And lastly our hair color, his was a dark brown. Mine was chestnut colored.

As I said before, my mom had chestnut colored hair. It was down and hanging past her shoulders with pale blue eyes.

I didn't know how lucky I was to be able to see. I don't want to lose it, its so important. How are people going to treat me when I lose my sight? Will I lose my friends? Its bad enough that I won't be on the soccer team for much longer.

"Loser, you done eating?" I blinked a few times and looked up to see my brother.

"Uh, yea." He nodded and took my plate. I mumbled a thanks and got up to go to my room.

I shut my door and once again flopped on my bed face first. I rolled around onto my back and looked up at the ceiling.

"Your sight will only last for another four months, six if you're lucky. Here and there your vision will blur and sometimes you won't be able to see anything. They should last between five to thirty seconds. But as time goes on it will get worse. I also recommend wearing glasses when you're in the sun. Your eyes are now very sensitive.."

I groaned and sighed. In four months it'll be January, the month of my moms birthday. Just a month before she went blind.

My mom lost her sight when she was twenty two. She met my dad back in high school and lucky for her, my dad stayed by her side and helped her through every step of the way.

I need to get my mind off of this. Tomorrow's friday, I'll just invite some people over. We'll chill, drink and hang in the backyard where there's a pool and a basketball net.

Just thinking of tomorrow is putting a small smile on my face. I looked at the clock on my night stand and got up since it was getting late.

I should go shower.

*****************************

A/N: Yay a new story! Please vote and comment♥