Chapter 2

[Quickly edited.]

Noah's pov

Today is day two of knowing that I have a few months left of my eye sight. Isn't that just great? I still haven't told anybody..I don't think I'm going to tell anyone in a while anyways. I'm trying to enjoy the wonderful thing called sight. I never knew how important it was until it was going to be taken away from me. I mean, I already knew sight was important but when it's going to be taken away, that I won't have the advantage to see again..It's going to suck. Big time.

In a few minutes, the bells going to ring and then it's soccer practice. I started packing my things and just as I finished, the bell rang. I rushed out of the room and into the crowded hallway. After squeezing through everyone, I managed to get to my locker where I packed my bag a headed towards the boys locker room.

"Yo, Noah!" Spinning around, I saw my best friend Nate. His brown hair bounced and his green eyes lit up when he saw I had his attention. As soon as he reached me, he swung his arm over my shoulders.

"Hey, Nate." I greeted casually as we started walking towards the gym together.

"I heard that we're getting a new team member since Mitch transfered schools..In a different state." Nate frowned and sighed.

Mitch was one of Nate's good friends. One morning he didn't show up to school and next thing we knew, we were told that he moved to a new state. We were pretty shocked since we didn't see it coming. It took a toll on the team since Mitch was our third best player. Nate was the best player we had and I was second.

"Which really sucks. Do you know who's replacing him?" I asked, opening the gym door and making our way to the locker room.

He nodded. "Sort of. All I know is that he's a year above us."

"Well, we're about to see." I opened the locker room door and walked in, immediately noticing our team members. Though, a taller one stood out.

His auburn hair was messy from taking off his shirt. I couldn't see his eyes since he was looking down, pulling his pants off. His locker was right next to mine.

Making my way to my locker and opening it, his cold blue eyes were locked to my curious pale blue, hazel ones. He studied me for a second before looking away. He had this mysterious aura around him, I studied him while getting ready. That sounded weird, I know. Quickly closing my locker and jogging outside onto the field, the wind was blowing softly, giving off cool air that made me shiver slightly. But I know I'll be thankful later when I'll be hot and sweaty after practice. Coach was starting to take attendance with the board in his hand. Just as he spoke my name, I reached him and stood next to Nate.

"You're almost late, Mr. English." He grumbled and shook his head, chuckling softly. I grinned and gave him a thumbs up. I've known coach since my first year in high school. He was actually the one who recommended me for the team since he saw me play soccer outside of school one day and well, here I am. Four years on the team.

My last year..

Shaking my head, I felt a presence beside me and looked up. It was that boy I saw earlier in the locker room. The new kid on the team. "Last but not least." Coach spoke up. "Dallas. I'd like you all to welcome our new mate with respect. He'll be joining us for the rest of the year and so on." After some nodding and hello's, coach paired us up and well..Guess who I got stuck with? Dallas. Not that I mind at all, I'm just used to being with Nate I guess.

"I guess I'll start with scoring and then we'll switch. Sounds good?" I asked while playing with the ball between my feet.

He shrugged and nodded. "Sure." Nodding back, I kicked the ball towards the net as he tried blocking my way and stealing the ball. I kicked the ball to my right and spun around with it, kicking it in the air and into the net. I grinned and pumped my fist in the air.