ch. 2

Chris's POV:

It's extraordinary how one person can cease the entire feeling of loneliness merely by being nearby; how one person can make you feel accepted in a place you barely know.

It's the second day at Home and Away, and my mind is no longer racing with constant worry or nervousness. I have adapted. I have settled within this new and exciting place, all because of that one tall brunette. His random acts of kindness and cheerful introduction yesterday was enough to let my mind and soul settle into this community. Sure, we've only met once, but the instant connection we had, the sudden click between our personalities... it's something. It's really something. It wasn't long before I notice his figure nearing me, with those same content eyes and that same loving smile. It's almost as if I can see the positivity and compassion radiating off him. He's the reason I suddenly feel so at ease.

"Chris!" He exclaims, almost jogging in my direction. His arms wrap around me the moment he got close enough. So, he's a hugger. A rather amazing hugger at that. There's just something about it that makes me feel so completely engulfed in love, acceptance, happiness; home. And honestly, I love it. "How are you?"

To say that we chatted a lot from that question would be an absolute understatement. The conversation continues for what seemed like hours, until our thoroughly deep and surprisingly entertaining and passionate discussion about the best almond milk brand was suddenly interrupted when we were called to the set. And that wasn't even the most absurd thing we spoke about. There was never an awkward moment. We just had so much to say, from our thriving acting careers to the shampoo brand we use (although this particular topic lead me to discover how to achieve such a flawless hair look like his). I can tell this was only our second conversation of many to come. As I said, it's really something. He's really something.

Finally the day concludes, and my own eyes meet the familiar brown pair belonging to Fonzie once more. I couldn't help but notice the sudden growth in his smile when he saw me. Warmth. Joy. Love. The feeling that sent throughout me was truly indescribable.

It was the words that came out of his mouth next that truly made me feel as though rays of pure sunlight had just hit and warmed my heart. "Did you want to hang out with me some time? Are you free tomorrow?" His voice almost sounds as excited as I feel.

"Yeah I'd really love that! Here's my number, give me a time and a place and I'll be there!" I return, writing out my 10 digit code onto a scrap piece of paper.

I notice Fonzie look to the ground, apparently smiling beyond belief. Why this made my heart melt, I have no idea. He looks up. His eyes meet mine for the final time today. "I'm really excited to get to know you more. I think we're gonna become the best friends anyone could ever have." I return a giant smile spanning from one ear to the other.

"Me too." And with that, we say our goodbyes.

• Nicola.