EINH chapter 9*

*Chapter 9*

{Month 5}

Johnny slid into the empty seat across from me at the table in the grocery store's break room. He smiled and set down his soda and sandwich. I smiled back and continued to flip through the People Magazine in front of my and idly sip at my vitamin water. I could be having delicious coffee right now, but no. I just had to be pregnant in the middle of winter. Well, it wasn't even winter yet, but it sure felt like it.

"Are you doing anything after work today?" Johnny asked. I looked up and thought about it before shaking my head. I had thought I had a doctor's appointment but that was next week. 

"Nope, just going home to finish some homework," I shrugged. 

"Do you wanna catch a movie or something?" he wondered. "We haven't spent much time together besides work since we graduated."

He was right. Johnny was almost as close to me as Preston was. Aside from the fact that he, Preston and I used to spend almost everyday together, his dad is obviously my boss and his mom was my volleyball coach from third to tenth grade. He was my second best friend and now we hardly do anything together. The realization made me sad. 

"Sure, what did you wanna see?" I agreed, setting my magazine aside. The discovery of Justin Bieber's newest tattoo of Jesus could wait a few minutes. Though, that guy is pretty hot...and shirtless in the pictures. 

"Have you seen Sherlock Holmes yet?" he asked. 

I shook my head and smiled. "Nope, not yet. You?" 

"Nope, wanna go?" he smiled. 

"Yeah, what time?" I wondered. 

"I'll check the times and get back to you," he said. 

"Alright, sounds good," I smiled. 

"'Kay, I'll get back to you, Riles," he assured. With that, he picked up his half eaten sandwich and empty soda can and left the break room. 

I smiled to myself about the prospect of catching up with a friend later and went back to those glorious pictures. My smiled widened even more. Got to love those international male pop sensations. 

~EINH~

"Two for the five o' clock Sherlock Holmes, please," Johnny told the kid at the counter who was selling the tickets. He put it into the computer while I turned to my friend. 

"You don't have to pay for mine, too," I told him, placing my hands on my hips. 

He shrugged. "I got paid today," he said as if it were an answer. 

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, so did I," I rebutted. 

"I got paid more," he countered, sliding his card through the little slot at the bottom of the window. 

"No you didn't!" I shouted playfully. I knew what his weekly paycheck looked like and it was a little less than what I was paid. 

"I know," he admitted, hanging his head. I chuckled a little bit. 

"Which is why I should pay for my own ticket," I reasoned. 

"But I don't have two kids on the way to save up for," he pointed out, poking my swollen stomach lightly. 

I scowled. Of course, he was right and I couldn't exactly argue. "Fine, but I'm paying for popcorn and soda." He agreed and took the tickets from the kid before we walked into the theater.  

I walked to the snack counter and quickly bought two sodas and a large popcorn. It came out to be a little less than what the tickets cost, so it all worked out. Finally, we were able to go up to the usher that was taking our tickets. He directed us to our theater and we thanked him. I was holding all the snacks, so Johnny was chivalrous and held open the door for me. I smiled and led the way into the theater.