Day 7.3 Humor - INTO THE WYLD MrsCosmopilite

To all my fans and followers -

Thank u so much for ur support of the Xtreme Wyldman Blog. But Ive known for a while that it was time for me 2 move on, and not just b/c even Youtube thought it was 2 good 2 air my pilot episode. I can no longer live in this sissified modern world. Thanks 2 the only technology I support since Monsanto got a restraining order 2 stop me from endorsing GoGo Bars ™, Im gonna be traveling back in time 2 the era I was born for. An era where its man against nature, and only the strongest survive. An era where nobody says 'lets talk about this like rational adults' or 'your not allowed in Jamba Juice unless your wearing pants.' From here on out its gonna be these 2 fists against the world. See u in the Stone Age, my peeps!

Brody Bronson, Adventure Specialist.

Ronda stood on the crest of the hill and looked down at the mammoths ambling about in the valley below her. Things had gotten rather heated at last night's philosophical debate, and the elders had encouraged her to spend some time in nature to clear her head. But even the magnificence of the mammoths was not enough to distract her from Throk.

Throk. The council elections were coming up in less than a moon, and she still hadn't managed to debunk his platform. Ronda was of the opinion that, given the Collective's vulnerability to the whims of nature and the fact that their attempts to domesticate the giant sloth had been thus far ineffectual, it was necessary to prioritize the survival of those most able to contribute. Throk, on the other hand, insisted that every individual was of equal value, and civilization could not exist unless efforts were made to protect the vulnerable. While she had to concede that Throk's beliefs were intriguing, they were problematic in times of scarcity; as she'd pointed out at every debate over the last three moons, a society couldn't protect anyone if it ceased to exist.

    Ronda felt her fists clench

Ronda felt her fists clench. Philosophy had to adapt to reality, rather than the other way round. If only there was some way to make Throk understand. But, for better or worse, the Collective believed in the free exploration of ideas. And no one could deny that the Collective's devotion to scientific inquiry was the reason for its success. While their attempts to live in harmony with the cave bear had proven something of a failure - Orgo and Petzi were missed by all - their research into the applied science of pointy sticks had been showing real promise. Life expectancy had risen to the almost unbelievable age of forty-two, and tribe after tribe had pledged itself to their sacred ideals. The anger filled her chest again. If Throk had his way, the first bad season would set civilization back fifty years.

Suddenly, there was a flash of light to the west, brighter than even the sun, and a sound like all the thunder in the world had been compressed into a single second. The mammoth matriarch trumpeted a warning anon; the ground trembled as the herd stampeded in the direction of the ridge. Ronda ran, too. She just had time to vault onto a stone outcropping before the mammoths were upon her.