Chapter 4

A/N: Thank you everyone who's reading this! Enjoy^^

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, all other characters belong to Kafka Asagiri.

***

Kunikida nodded. "Alright, then welcome to the Armed Detective Agency."

Wow, they accepted me pretty fast, Shizune thought in surprise.

She turned to Dazai. "So, about the Grey Mafia..."

He smiled cheerfully. "Oh, that. Since you killed the boss, the whole organization will eventually collapse, so you have nothing to worry about!"

Then I actually didn't need your help at all, she thought grumpily. Oh well, at least I got a new job.

"Shizune, your ability's to read people's pasts, right?" Kunikida questioned.

She blinked in surprise. "What? No, it's not. Why would you think that?"

"Oh, uh, I must've confused you with someone else," he quickly said.

Weird... she thought, frowning.

"So what's your ability then?" he asked.

"Good question...haha..."

If I tell you, I'll lose whatever little dignity I have left, she thought. But I never really had any dignity to begin with, so...

He sighed. "Just tell me its name."

"...what?"

"Its name," he repeated. "My ability's Doppo Poet, Dazai's ability's No Longer Human, Atsushi's ability's Beast Beneath the Moonlight. Everyone's ability has a name."

"I...kinda didn't name mine," Shizune admitted.

He stared at her incredulously. "You didn't name it?"

"Why don't you name it right now?" Dazai suggested.

Shizune thought for a while. "How do you even name an ability?"

"Just think of a name that best describes the ability," Kunikida said. "Or name the ability after an important event that it's connected to."

"A good name...a good name..." Shizune muttered. "...you know what? Whatever. I'm gonna call it I Accidentally Destroy The Mafia."

"What?" Kunikida exclaimed.

"Well, that's the most important event that it's connected to, so..."

Dazai burst out laughing. "I like it! It's very original."

"...fine," Kunikida muttered. "Don't blame me if it causes misunderstandings in the future."

Now that Shizune was no longer facing certain death via murder/torture/suicide (although the last one was her own fault), she suddenly felt extremely tired. Atsushi led her upstairs and gave her the keys to a small room facing the street.

"I'm sure you're tired, so I'll leave you alone to get some sleep," Atsushi told her. "If you need anything, just call me -I'll be in the room across the hall."

"Thanks, Atsushi-san," she murmured, yawning.

"Oh, you can call me Atsushi," he said quickly.

Shizune nodded, stumbled into her room, and fell asleep before she even reached the bed.

***

"-izu-chan! Shizu-chan!" a voice called urgently.

"Alex, you should stop buying those sketchy nutrition products," Shizune muttered, still half asleep. "It's starting to make you sound like a man."