Chapter 7

A/N: Hi guys! I was going to write a really emotional scene between Shizune and another character, but every time I tried to write the scene, Shizune would sneeze or something and ruin the moment...oh well^^;

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, all other characters belong to Kafka Asagiri.

***

"Shizu-chan, are you ready to leave?"

She nodded, catching her breath. "Yep, let's go."

Shizune and Dazai snuck out of the room and walked through several random hallways. After a few minutes, her mind started to wander and she thought back to her previous dream. Hmm...maybe the girl from that dream was me? Shizune thought. She immediately dismissed the idea. Nope, not possible. If I climbed up the wall of a mansion, I'd definitely fall and break my neck.

"Hey, Daz-" she began, then abruptly stopped.

He was gone. During the short time when she was lost in her thoughts, she'd accidentally gotten separated from him.

"It's alright," Shizune assured herself. "I'm totally fine."

No, you're not, the wall on her left said, sounding depressed. You're lost in the base of the Port Mafia. You're gonna die.

She frowned. "Stop being so negative! Cheer up!"

Well we're all gonna die eventually, so I guess dying a bit earlier won't change anything. The wall sighed sadly.

"No, you'll be ok! Don't give up!" she urged the wall. "You can do it -wait. Why am I comforting you? I'm the one who's going to die!"

Shizune spun away from the wall and looked around. There were six different hallways in front her and they all looked identical.

"Hey, which one should I choose?" she asked the wall.

Hmm...I sometimes hear screaming coming from hallways one to five, the wall said thoughtfully.

"Ok, hallway six it is," Shizune muttered.

After what felt like an hour of walking, she finally saw a door on the right side of the hallway. Yes! It might be an exit! she thought excitedly. Shizune was about walk towards it when she realized that two guards were standing in front of the door.

"Ok, Shizune," she whispered to herself. "Now's the time to use your super awesome acting skills to seduce them so that you can get out."

She mentally went over her (extremely flawed) plan and walked over to the two men. They immediately pointed their guns at her.

"State your name!" one of them ordered.

Shizune's mind went blank. What's my plan again? Um...

"I no speak japanese!" she blurted out. "This is washroom?"

The two guards looked at each other. "Uh...no, this is the Boss's office."

WHY DO I HAVE SO MUCH BAD LUCK? she mentally screamed.

"Oh, no washroom. I see," Shizune said hurriedly. "Ok. I leave."

"Wait." The shorter of the two men blocked her path. "Are you new here? I haven't seen you before."

"I new," she agreed. "I from the...um...pizza division."

"We have a pizza division?" The man frowned.

She nodded. "Yes! Good pizza! Very cheap."

The man suddenly looked interested. "How cheap?"