Chapter 8

A/N: As a thank you to everyone reading this story, I made this chapter extra long^^ Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, all other characters belong to Kafka Asagiri.

***

"I'll help you," Shizune assured him. "Oh, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't kill Frank. I owe him a lot."

He smiled. "Deal."

Shizune and Dazai exited the room and left the base of the Port Mafia.

(A/N: This time, she didn't get lost...mostly.)

They walked through several alleys before entering a crowded street. At Dazai's suggestion, they went into a nearby fast food restaurant and ordered lunch.

"Oh, we should tell the detective agency that we escaped," Shizune said while unwrapping her hamburger.

"I'll tell them later," Dazai replied, smiling. "You can go back to the agency first."

She nodded, finished her hamburger in three bites, and stood up. "Thanks for buying me lunch! I promise I'll pay you back once I'm not broke."

"No, it's fine," he said cheerfully. "Instead, would you like to commit a double su-"

"No."

Shizune waved goodbye and exited the restaurant. She started walking back to the detective agency, and by the time she found the building, it was already dark. She opened the front door, climbed up the stairs, and ran into the office.

"Hi! I'm back!" she called.

Kunikida was the only person inside, and he immediately turned around when he heard her enter.

"Where have you been?" he asked. "You missed an entire day of work!"

"It's not my fault!" Shizune said defensively. "I got captured by the Port Mafia."

He blinked in shock. "The Port Mafia? How did you escape?"

"I joined the pizza division," she replied.

"...the Port Mafia has a pizza division?"

She shrugged. "It does now."

Shizune gave him a quick report about what had happened, and then left the office. She walked to her room and was about to take off her coat when she noticed a large package on her bed. She picked it up and tore it open, revealing five boxes of chocolates and a handwritten letter.

"Oh, it's from Alex," she said in surprise.

Shizune unfolded the letter and read it over quickly:

Hi Shizu-chan!

These are the 5 boxes of chocolates that I promised:)

Hey, remember when we travelled to Japan last year to visit my uncle (the one that makes really bad sushi)? I brought a bunch of really important files with me and accidentally left them near his house. My boss said that if I don't get them back, he'll sell me to a shady organization for three goats! Seriously, I'm worth at least five goats:'(

I drew a map of where I left the files on the back of this letter. HELP MEEEE!!

Love,