Chapter 6

A/N: Thank you everyone who's reading this! *Gives everyone crackers* (because I'm too broke to buy cookies)

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, all other characters belong to Kafka Asagiri.

***

Dazai stared at her in shock...and burst out laughing.

Shizune stomped her foot. "It's not funny!"

"Sorry -I'm not -I mean-" He doubled over, laughing even harder.

She glared at him.

"That was completely unexpected," Dazai finally said, after catching his breath. "You know, I haven't laughed this hard in years."

"I'm glad I could be of service," she muttered.

"I like your ability." He smiled. "It suits you."

"Was that an insult or a compliment?" she asked. "Anyways, only you and Alex know what my actual ability is, so if you tell anyone..."

"I won't break my promise," Dazai replied. "Trust me."

Suddenly, Shizune realized something. "Crap, if Mira leaked information about me, then she might've leaked information about Alex too! Dazai-san, can I borrow your phone?"

He nodded...and pulled his hands out of his handcuffs.

She stared at him. "Um...if you're already free, then why aren't you escaping?"

"I'm waiting for someone," Dazai replied cheerfully. He handed over his phone. "I unlocked your handcuffs too, by the way."

Shizune tugged a bit harder on the chains, and her handcuffs sprang open.

"..." she stared at him wordlessly and took the phone.

The moment she pressed 'call', Alex immediately picked up. Suddenly, she remembered that she was still mad at her friend for the entire accidentally-blow-up-a-mafia-boss thing.

"Shizu-chan! Is that you?" Alex asked cheerfully.

"No, it's God," Shizune said flatly. "I'm calling to tell you that I gave away your spot in heaven to that lazy shut-in from across the street."

"So you're still mad at me?" she teased.

"You're the reason why I unwillingly committed murder!" Shizune hissed. "Give me back my first time! I wanted Mira to be my first victim!"

"Aw, don't be like that," Alex pouted. "Will you love me again if I buy you chocolate?"

Shizune narrowed her eyes. "IF YOU THINK THAT I'LL FORGIVE YOU IF YOU BRIBE ME WITH CHOCOLATE then you're absolutely right. How many boxes?"

"Five."

"Deal. I forgive you."

"Yay!" Alex laughed. "Maybe I'll go to Japan and visit you this week."

"I don't forgive you that much yet," Shizune replied grumpily. "By the way, Mira leaked information about me, so she might've done the same to you."

Alex gasped. "That son of a-"

"She's a girl."

"That daughter of a bitch! When I find her, I'm going to wring her pretty little neck with that diamond choker she always wears and-"

Suddenly, a static noise interrupted her.

"The connection's really bad," Shizune said, frowning. "I'll call you back later."