Chapter 5

It was getting late outside, and Stephanie and her friends had to go home for dinner.

"Well guys, I had really fun today, but I think we should all head home." Stephanie suggested.

"Yeah... You know, come to think of that, we haven't seen Sportacus all day." Trixie said as they all began to walk towards their homes.

"Oh, actually I saw him this morning with Valeria, they went to talk to my uncle. Although it is strange that he didn't come to later to play with us." Stephanie thought out loud.

"Well, maybe he just wanted to hang with Valeria today. I mean, they hadn't seen each other for a long time." Stingy added.

"Yeah, that's makes sense." Stephanie said.

When she got home, right in time for dinner, her uncle began to talk to her.

"So, um, Stephanie... What do you think about... Valeria, Al-Sportacus's wife?"

"Well, she is really nice and she's also very pretty, but she's acting a little strange since she got here." Stephanie replied.

"Look, Stephanie, there's something you should know about her." Her uncle told her, taking a deep breath.

***

At the same time, at Valeria's house, Alexander and Valeria were sitting in the living room, hugging.

"I'm really afraid of Stephanie's comment. What if she won't agree to do the DNA test? Will we ever have our daughter back?" Valeria said, her eyes getting filled with tears.

"Shh..." Alex tried to relax her.

"Everything will be ok. Whether if she agrees or not, we still going to have another baby."

"Speaking of that..." she released herself from her husband's arms, "I think I owe you something from yesterday."

"Ok, who are you and what did you do to my wife?" Alexander laughed.

"Cómo?" She asked in her second language, trying to understand the question.

"Just a second ago you were depressed like you were yesterday, I'm just amazed how you switched your mood from sad to happy so fast." He laughed.

"I know, but I promised you and I will make it. Besides, just the thought that we'll finally have another child..." She landed her head on his shoulder.

After a few seconds of silence, Alex asked "Wanna race upstairs?"

"Uh, you bet!" she replied.

The two giggled and rushed to the bedroom upstairs.

***

"So, you're really saying that Sportacus-I mean, Alexander and Valeria might be my parents?" Stephanie asked again, still shocked.

"Mmm-Hmm..." her uncle nodded.

"Wow..." was all she could say before she left to her room.

"Stephanie, wait!" Milford called out.

"What?" she turned around.

"You didn't answer my question from before. Do you agree to do that?" he asked.

"Yes." His niece simply replied and smiled at him, then went to her room.

***

It has been an hour since he talked to his niece about the subject.

He was thinking if he should call Valeria and Alex in this late hour or wait for tomorrow.

But he couldn't bear it anymore, so he decided to call.

Luckily, the couple was done with their private business.

In their house, Alexander and Valeria were just lying quietly in their bed (partly dressed).

Then Alex turned to Vale's side, putting his hand on her stomach, asking: "Do you think we made it?"

"I think so..." she smiled and put her hand on his, as he gave a kiss on the cheek.

Right then, Vale's iPhone was ringing.

She pulled it out from the charger and saw the mayor's number on the screen.

"Oh, god, that's Milford, shh!!" she shushed her husband while she answering her phone and sat up.

"Hello?

Oh, yes Mr. Meanswell.

No, you're not disturbing at all, we weren't doing anything special – shh!

Oh, really? Y-you talked to her?

And?

REALLY?

Oh, thank you SO MUCH, Mr. Meanswell, thank you!

Yes, I will tell him right now, thank you again!

Bye!"

She lied back in the bed with iPhone in her hand, out of breath.

"Well?" Alex asked.

"What 'Well'? She agreed to do the DNA test." She had a big smile on her face.

"Oh my god... We're going to have our baby Chloe back." He smiled a big smile too and he hugged his beloved wife.