Chapter 19

It was now November, and Valeria got into her second trimester of pregnancy. In fact, her belly was starting to show up, but she only noticed it after she washed her face in the morning.

"Oh, hi there!" she laughed. Then she lifted up her pyjama top, turned to the side and looked at herself and her belly in the mirror.

"Why, you're growing very fast, aren't you?" She smiled and rubbed her belly.

"Well, if I want your daddy and your sister see before I go, I should get dressed right now!" she told it.

She went to her room and got dressed, then went downstairs to say goodbye to Alex and Stephanie.

"Hey, good morning!" she greeted her family as she took her purse from the bags hanger next to the door.

"Hey, look at you, you're growing!" Alex exclaimed as he noticed her belly.

"Yes, I am." She came and kissed him.

"Where are you going?" Stephanie asked.

"I'm going to have breakfast with Mandy." Valeria answered.

"Oh, don't forget that you're having another ultrasound today, at 2:00pm." Alexander reminded her before she almost went out.

"I know, I'll be back before that and if not I'll drive straight to the doctor." Vale told him.

"Good. Now, before you go... Please be careful." He said.

"Alex, enough! What are the chances that it will happen again?"

"You're right, it's just... You know what, just call me when you get there."

"Alright." She smiled.

"Now go, don't make her wait!"

"Ok, bye!" she kissed him and left the house.

*****

Mandy and Valeria had breakfast at a coffee house a few blocks away from Mandy and Daniel's place. While they waited for their orders to come, Mandy began to talk.

"I still can't believe that you are pregnant again." Mandy told her.

"Me neither, and so does Alex. We're really waiting for it." Valeria said, rubbing her belly.

"It's going to be so exciting! I'm so going to take you on shopping spree for maternity clothes, because there's no way I'm letting you wearing the maternity clothes from 10 years ago when you were having Chl- I mean, Stephanie."

"And I'm not planning to, since I threw them away few years ago because they reminded me of her."

"You know, when you told me you were pregnant back then, I was really trying hard not to tell anyone else that day." Mandy told her.

"Really?" Valeria asked sceptically.

*****

Flashback

It was January 29th, the same day when Valeria and her mother Alison found out that she was pregnant, and a day after Alexander was gone on a mission. She was supposed to go out to the mall with Mandy, her best friend, but now she wasn't sure if she should or if she even want to. She was now full of emotions.

"Go out with her, calm yourself down from the news. Maybe even share with her the good news. Although you have to be careful with that, 'cause she will tell to everyone she knows." Alison laughed.

"I know, mom. But I'm not sure if that's a good idea." She told her mother.

At the mall with Mandy, Valeria was mostly quiet and Mandy noticed. She decided to break it when they went to get some ice coffee.