Chapter 14

It was the last day of summer, and also the last day of vacation before the new school year starts. Both Stephanie and Valeria were excited for it. Alexander let Valeria to leave her bed one day earlier, and that made her really happy. But Alex still didn't think it was a great idea since she was having morning sickness.

At the same morning, she woke both Alex and Stephanie at 6:30am when she threw up in the toilet. It seems to be her worst morning sickness ever of the past month.

They both went out of their rooms, and Alexander went to the bathroom to check on her. He opened the door and saw her standing above the sink and washing her face.

"Honey, are you sure you'll be ok today?" he asked her quietly.

"Yes, I'll be fine. Let's just go back to sleep, ok?" she replied and pushed him out of the bathroom. She noticed that Stephanie was still looking at her a little worried.

She turned to her and told her that she was fine and that she can go back to sleep

*****

They all woke up again around 8:45am. They were all brushing their teeth and got dressed, then went down to have breakfast together.

Alex was making breakfast in the kitchen while the girls were sitting at the table and waiting.

"So are you guys planning on doing something special today?" Valeria asked them.

"No, not really. Why are you asking?" Alexander said when he served them the plates.

"Because I can finally get out of the house! So I thought that maybe we will hang out together outside today." She said.

"That sound great to me. Do you have any ideas of what to do?" Stephanie asked.

"Not really. Just being with you guys is ok." Vale said and smiled.

*****

After Valeria finished her breakfast, since she asked for a sandwich since she was now eating for two, the family went out of the house to the fresh air.

"Ahh!! Finally, fresh air! Ah, I missed it so much!" Valeria laughed as she went out the door. Alex and Stephanie just looked at her and laughed a little. "What? Ok, let's see you two staying for 4 weeks in bed without doing anything!"

They all walked slowly around the town, talking and laughing, until they made it to the soccer court where were Stephanie's friends.

"Oh, hey Stephanie! Hey Sportacus!" Ziggy greeted them.

"Hey guys!" She greeted them back.

"Hey, do you want to play with us? We were about to start a new game." Pixel told them.

Both Sportacus and Stephanie looked at Valeria to hear what she has to say about that. And that made her a little nervous.

"What? You can go and play, I'll be fine." She said, but Stephanie could see the disappointment on her face.

"Actually, I think I'll pass, guys. I want to hang out with Valeria today." Stephanie told her friends and grabbed Valeria's hand and took her far away from the court, leaving Sportacus to play with them.

*****

"That was really nice of you." Valeria told Stephanie as they walked around the town.

"That's nothing, really. I just wanted to hang out with you a little." The little girl said. She felt it was really nice to be around Valeria. She had a calming presence, unlike Lilian, her adoptive mother who was always around work.

The two kept walking and talking until Valeria got a little tired so they went and sat down on bench not so far from the town's hall.

"You know, we didn't have a chance to talk about it, but I would like to know how you feel about the baby that is on the way." Valeria asked, smiling her usual warm smile.

"To be honest, I'm really expecting it!" Stephanie said enthusiastically.

"Aw, Stephanie, that's so great! I'm so glad you do." Valeria told her daughter.

"Are you kidding? I'm planning to be the best sister for this baby." Stephanie laughed a bit, and then pulled herself closer to Valeria and leaned over her stomach.

"Hey there, baby." She said to it, and Valeria laughed a little. "You may not hear me, but I'm your sister. And I'm gonna love you a lot." She kept saying and then kissed it. The two laughed at what she was doing and Vale pulled her closer to her into a hug and kissed her head.

"I'm pretty sure this baby will love you a lot, too." Vale told her.

*****

The rest of the afternoon they spent together on the sofa, in front of the TV. They talked a lot about the baby (and Stephanie to the baby) until Alexander came home around 7:00pm.

"Hey girls!" He greeted them as he came in.

"Hey, honey." Valeria greeted him back. He pulled his cap and joined them in the living room.

"What were you doing for the rest of the day?" he asked.

"Well, mostly talking about the baby, and... Stephanie also talked to it." Valeria told him and giggled.

"Really? You talked to the baby?"

"Yes. It was pretty funny." Said Stephanie.

"What about you?" she asked Alexander.

"Well, the kids pretty much beat me in the soccer game." He confessed.

"What? Really?" Valeria said in disbelief.

"Yeah, but it's ok, my mind was somewhere else." He told them.

"Really? What were you thinking?" asked Stephanie.

"About us. That... Now we're all together and about to have another child. It didn't sink well in my mind yet." He laughed.

"Alex, that's so sweet. But now go into the shower, right now!" she commended and they all laughed.

*****

After dinner, around 8:15pm, they were getting ready to bed. Valeria helped Stephanie to get everything ready for the first day of school tomorrow. Valeria left Stephanie's clothes for tomorrow on her chair in her room and helped her set her school bag with everything she needed. When they were done, they sat on Stephanie's bed.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" asked her Valeria.

"I guess. Although I'm pretty scared of what Pixel said to me two weeks ago, that I will be questioned all the time about us." Stephanie replied.

"Look, if you will be questioned, just ignore those people. It's your private life and it's your right not to answer." Vale told her.

"You're right. Thanks, Vale!" she hugged her and kissed her on the cheek, then Valeria went to her own room and they both went to sleep.