Chapter 21

It's Christmas Eve today! Everyone are so excited.

The day before, Valeria went to her ultrasound alone since Alex had to help the mayor to organize the gym hall for the Christmas party.

According to her doctor, the baby is growing pretty fast so Vale has found out the sex of the baby. Since Alex didn't want to know, she only told Stephanie and her brother. They both promised her not to tell Alexander.

Alex came home just in time to set up the Christmas tree. Both Alex and Valeria hid the presents in the guest room, while Stephanie hid hers under her bed.

Knock knock.

"Steph, can you get this? It must be dad with the tree." Valeria asked she was troubled with getting up from the sofa.

"Ok." Stephanie got up and went to open the door, but all she saw was the tree.

"...Dad?" she hesitated.

"I'm right here!" she called from behind the tree and Stephanie laughed.

"Alright," he said when he placed the tree, "now all we need is to decorate the tree." He said looking at Stephanie.

"I'll bring the decorations box!" the girl said as she ran upstairs.

"God, she's so sweet!" Valeria said.

"Yeah, she is... I can't believe it's our first Christmas together, the three of us." Alexander added.

"Don't you mean the four of us?" Valeria joked as she rubbed her belly.

Alexander laughed and sat next to on the sofa.

"Is there anything I can get you?" he asked and rubbed her belly too.

"Hmm... I would like a glass of milk." She said with a smile.

"Well, then a glass of milk is coming right away!" he smiled and stood up when Stephanie appeared with the decorations box in her hands. She missed a step and was about to fall but Alex caught her in time.

After Alex brought her the glass of milk she asked for, he and Stephanie began to decorate the tree. Valeria just looked at them decorating and she felt happy like she has never felt. She couldn't believe that they were all together this Christmas. And she felt it will be an extraordinary holiday.

When Stephanie and Alexander were done decorating, she began to cry.

"Mom, are you ok?" Stephanie asked.

"Yes. I'm just happy for having you today." Valeria smiled at her through her tears.

Stephanie smiled and went to hug her. "I'm happy too."

"I'm sorry to ruin your moment, but you should get dressed, we should be the gym hall at 6:15pm." Alexander told them.

*****

At the Christmas party, Alex\Sportacus and Valeria were talking a little away from the other LazyTonwers.

"You know, I think there's something weird with the baby today... It feels a little unquiet in there." She told him.

"What do you mean? Is it kicking?" he asked and placed his hand on her belly.

"No, not yet. I don't know..." she said and left to talk to Bessie, who already sat at the table.

"Oh, Valeria! Good to see you! How are you?" Bessie asked in her usual politeness.

"Not so well." She told the older woman.

"Oh, what bothers you know, dear?"

"It's the baby. Something doesn't feels right today with... it. And also... There's the thing with the baby's gender. I've found out what is it yesterday, and I'm not sure that I could handle his reaction when he finds out, whether he'll be happy or sad." Valeria explained.

"It will be fine, Valeria. Just trust me." Bessie told her with a warm smile.

10 minutes later, the mayor called everyone to gather around him.

"Attention, everybody! I have some things to say." He said, and everyone began to think what he will say.

"Well, um, in the past year we all have experienced ups and downs. We lost some friends, but also new ones came into our lives. And I'm sure that in the coming year we will also have some new friends," he stopped and smiled at Valeria, "and that we'll make some new, good memories with them. Happy New Year and Merry Christmas, everyone!" he raised his glass and did everyone.

They were all about to sit at the table when Valeria felt something weird and stopped.

"Um, Al-Alex?" she said and grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Is everything ok?" he asked.

"You tell me yourself." She said and put his hand on her belly.

Then he felt it. He felt their baby kicking! It was absolutely amazing.

"O-Oh my god..." was all he could say before he covered his mouth with the other hand.

"I think he likes you." She joked as she felt the baby kicking where his hand is on.

"He..?" Alex asked.

Valeria realised what she accidently said to him and immediately covered her mouth.

"I'm so sorry, I knew you didn't want to know but I accidently blurted it out." She apologized.

"Hey, it's ok. You already said it, you can't take it back... Oh my goodness, I'm going to have a boy!" He realised in a minute, and also out loud which made all the other guests to turn their heads.

"And so you did." Valeria told him, and he understood that they were all looking at him.

"You know what? I don't even care, because I'm going to have a baby boy from the most amazing woman in the whole world. And I don't even care if they'll look when I'll do this." He told her, than cupped her face with one hand and kissed her and hugged her around her waist with the other.

"OH, GET A ROOM FOR GOD'S SAKE!" they heard Trixie yelling at them from the other side of the room.

Alexander just took her hand in his and they both joined all their friends at the table.

*****

When they arrived home, they all just wanted to go to bed and have good night sleep.

"God, that was a very long night! I'm so glad it's over." Valeria said and yawned, then felt the baby kicking again.

"But here the party is just keep going. You won't let me sleep, huh?" she asked "the baby".

"Stephanie, do you want to feel it?" Valeria asked her daughter.

"Yeah..." Stephanie and came closer.

Valeria took her hand and placed it on her belly.

"Well..?"

"Wow... That's amazing!" Stephanie said enthusiastically.

"It is pretty fascinating, it does feel like I'm having a little Sportacus inside, moving all around!" Valeria laughed and Alexander came and hugged from behind and kissed her cheek.

"Come on, let's all go to sleep now, so we'll have some energy for tomorrow." He said.