A Dancer's Life- Chapter 2

"I would like to know if you would be my girlfriend?" Brandon asks.

"I would love to." I answer with a smile on my face.

That's when I saw Nick walking towards us. "What's going on?" he asks. I see Brandon smirk out of the corner of my eye. What is going on?!

___________________________

"You told me today that nothing was going on between you guys, Brooke. And there is because you're sucking faces with each other. Brandon, I don't know how you could do this to me. I'm done!" Nick yells and walks away.

"Nick wait!" I scream, "There really wasn't anything going on before 10 minutes ago! I would never lie to you!"

"Too late, Hyland."

I just look at Brandon and he's not upset at all. I mean, our best friend just blew up at us. How could you not be upset? Now I remember them fighting at school today. "Brandon, what were you guys fighting about at school today?" I ask.

"You," he answered.

"What do you mean me?"

"We both like you, Brooke. I think he's mad because I got to you first."

I feel like I'm an item that they're trying to win over. I look at the time, "Crap! Brandon if we don't leave now, Abby's gonna kill us!" He tries to take my hand but I jerk it away and we run to his car.

"I'm sorry Brooke," he says.

I ignore him.

We pull into the ALDC parking lot and run inside and throw on our jazz shoes just in time to hear Abby scream, "Pyramid time! Let's go! Let's go!"

We all walk into studio A for pyramid. Juniors. Teens. And seniors. And of course, Nick and Brandon are both here so it's super awkward.

"Okay everyone. I bet you're all confused as to why all the teams are here. The answer is because we are now one big team. Well, most of us. Let's move onto the pyramid," Abby says, "First we have Mackenzie. You need to step up your dancing because you're getting too old for cute. You're dancing with the big dogs now. Then we have Payton. Control your mother. Next up is Brandon. Nick is catching up to you and he's 2 years younger. Then we have Maddie. I have to keep pushing you. Give me more. Paige is next. Your legs and feet have improved. Nice work." I see Paige smile. I know she's exited because she's above Maddie on the pyramid. Or maybe just because she's on it. Period. But I'm getting worried. Abby still hasn't gotten to me. Maybe she didn't see my missed leap at nationals? Or maybe I'm not on the team...

"Now we have Brooke. Your acro tricks are good but you need more ballet."

Thank god I'm on the pyramid!

"Auriel you did great on your solo and group, outstanding work. Next is Nick. You've been doing very well and I am very proud. Then we have Catherine. Your solo made me cry and you were the highest scoring routine out of the entire day. And on the top of the pyramid, Chloe. First place solo, duet, and group. You can't do much better. Okay, moms out. Spread out and grande plié in second. Oh, and this weekend we are traveling to Virginia Beach to attend Dance Explosion. Moms you are dismissed." Everyone does what they're told.

That was the longest pyramid ever. I feel bad for Nia, Kendall, and anyone else that wasn't on it because that means that they're on a separate team and they'll be going away once a month, not every week.

"Now everyone, I'm going to discuss assignments as you stretch. Everyone is in the group. It is called, "Near to You". It's about being very close to someone, them not being in your life, and then you feel lost. Solos will be given to Maddie- lyrical to "Why"; Chloe- Contemporary to "The Firebird"; and Catherine- jazz to "Rain on my Parade". Duets/Trios..."