A Dancer's Life- Chapter 4

So I know I said that I wasn't going to update until I hit 50... I'm at 30 and I have off today, but then school and dance all week so I'll let it go. But I really want 50 before I update again! Thanks guys!

-Rachel xoxo

___________________________

I wake up Friday morning and I'm really nervous and tired. We had rehearsal really late last night because it's the day we leave for Dance Explosion in Virginia Beach. There's going to be some tough competition there so if we don't win first with our group and trio, I'm at the bottom of the pyramid. I really just have to shake all of that off for right now and get ready for school.

My mom is making me go to school until 11 before we leave for competition. We miss way too much school for dance, so I understand.

I get out of bed and head for the shower. Then I walk into my closet and pick out a light blue, casual dress and brown sandals. I put them on, put curls in the ends of my hair, do my makeup, grab my phone and school bag, and head downstairs. My mom isn't down here today because she wants to get extra sleep before competition. Trust me, I understand completely. I grab a granola bar and an apple and go watch for the bus. As it's pulling up, I yell to Paige and I can hear her following me.

We get on and I take my normal seat and soon enough, Nick is sitting next to me.

"Hey Brookie! You excited about competition?" I just look at him. "I understand. It's hard with two dances and you're stressed and nervous so you're not at the bottom of the pyramid."

"You got it spot on," I say.

The rest of the ride, we just sat in the morning quietness.

We pull up to the school and we both get off. Nick pulls me to the side.

"Brooke, I know you're scared and everything, but you shouldn't be, okay?" he pulls me into a hug, "If you ever need to talk about anything, you know I'm here." I can feel myself start to tear up, so I squeeze him. He takes my face in his hands and wipes away my tears. Suddenly, someone 'accidentally' bumps into Nick, hard.

"What the hell do you want Brandon?!" Nick yells.

Brandon and Nick get really close and I know this is going to get messy. I push the two boys away from each other and yell, "Enough!" they both look at me, "If I have to stop being friends with both of you to stop this fighting, I will! This is ridiculous!" I storm off into the school.

I walk up to my locker, open it, and exchange my belongings. I go into homeroom and take the back, corner seat. Nick comes in and I shoot him a look. He knows he's the last person I want to talk to right now, next to Brandon. He takes a seat in the front. I take out the homework that I didn't get to finish last night and start on it. As I finish it, the bell rings and I grab my stuff to head to first period.

The day drags and all I can think about is thank God there's no lunch today because I'm leaving early. If there was, I'd either have to deal with Nick, Brandon, or both of them. But then I remembered. Abby started this new thing at the end of last season that if you were 15, you roomed with your teammates at the hotel. She said it was to discourage the parents from coming to the competition and to prepare us for the real world. I completely understand this, and would be fine with it if Nick and Brandon weren't the way they are now. The trio just makes us more likely to be put in the same room.

11 o'clock rolls around and over the loud speaker I hear, "Brooke Hyland, Paige Hyland, and Nick Dobbs please report to the office for dismissal." Finally. But they would only call us all down if my mom was picking us all up. I go down the stairs from biology to my locker. As soon as I get there, I see Nick coming also. I get the homework I need into my school bag as quickly as possible. It wasn't quick enough because Nick comes over.