A Dancer's Life- Chapter 3

I went to sleep last night with 4 reads. When I woke up I was at 14! Thanks guys :)

-Rachel xoxo

___________________________

I woke up Tuesday morning on the basement couch. I did the right thing, right? I'm not too sure that Brandon's a good guy to be in a relationship with. It's been a day and we've already had problems. When I see him today, I'm breaking up with him.

I walk up two flights of stairs to my room and I check my phone. I have 2 unread messages. One from Brandon, of course, and one from Nick.

Brandonnn: Baby, I'm sorry for everything.

I ignored Brandon's text because if he was going to be this sorry, he wouldn't have tried to do anything.

Nicky: I'm sorry about today and Brandon called me and told me what happened. Are you okay?

I text Nick back, "I told him no and he just got mad. I'm breaking up with him today."

I go to the bathroom and take a shower, wrap a towel around myself, and walk into my room. In my closet, I pick out coral shorts and a flowy white tank top and throw them on. I grab a pair of brown sandals and walk out.

I go over to my vanity, straighten my hair, and do my makeup. I really didn't feel like getting ready at all today. I grab my school bag and walk downstairs to my mom making eggs.

"Can I have some?" I ask.

"Sure, honey," she says as she puts some on a plate. "What happened last night?"

I sit there and think of a story for a few seconds. "Claudia came over and I guess I just fell asleep down there."

"Okay. Well, eat up because your bus is going to be here in a few."

I finished eating and walked to the front door as the bus was pulling up. "Bus!" I yelled to Paige.

I walk out the door and she followed. I sit in my usual seat. A few minutes later we stop at Nick's house. He gets on and takes a seat next to me. There was an awkward silence for a bit.

"So what happened last night? I want to hear it from you," he says.

"After talking outside with you, I just didn't want to talk to anybody. After dance, I left without saying goodbye. He texted me and said that if I didn't text him back he was coming over and my parents went out for the night so I couldn't find an excuse. He came over and took me down to the basement. He asks what had happened and I told him. The kiss and all. He got really mad but then we just started making out and I was okay with that. Then he started pulling at my shirt and that's when I told him to stop. Then he stormed out of my house."

"Oh, wow. He told me that you two, um, did it."

I could tell he was uncomfortable saying that. "Hell no. I don't know what's going through his twisted mind. He probably just wanted to get you jealous."

"That's when I texted you because I don't think that you would do that, at least not yet."

"Well, you're right, Nick. This just gives me more reason to break up with him."

We pull up to the school and we both get out. I see Brandon and look at Nick.

"Don't back out now, Brookie."

He's right. I walk over to Brandon sitting on a bench outside.

"Brooke I'm so sorry..."

I cut him off by saying, "I'm breaking up with you. This just isn't working and were better as friends." I walk away with a single tear going down my face.