A Dancer's Life- Chapter 7

So I might do some POV changes! And 200 reads is amazing! Thanks! Comment, follow, vote!

-Rachel xoxo

___________________________

It was 10:30 and Brandon was asleep on the other bed but I couldn't find Nick. He said to meet him on the beach at 11 so where is he? He can't find out what Brandon and I are doing behind everyone's backs. I crawl out of bed and quietly get dressed in a white, short, strapless dress and a leather belt in the bathroom. I put my white sandals on too. Then I fix my hair and makeup, grab my phone and room key, and head out of the room. I walk out onto the beach and the breeze is a little brisk.

Someone puts their hands over my eyes, "Guess who?" I obviously know that it's Nick. I then around and see him. He's dressed in khaki shorts, a white tshirt, and a burgundy cardigan. He sees me shivering a bit.

"Here," he says taking his cardigan off and putting it on me.

"Thanks Nick," I say, "So why did you ask me here?"

"Um, well," he says scratching the back of his neck, "We need to talk."

"About?"

"Brooke, you can't be with Brandon."

"Who are you to tell me that?" I say, "You can't tell me who I can and can't be with."

"You can't be with him because I really like you," Nick says taking my hands in his, "And I want to be with you."

I can't believe this is happening right now. I literally was just making out with Brandon. I guess I already knew Nick liked me because we kissed. But him saying it is different. He's still holding my hands in his. He starts to lean in and I take a step back.

"What's wrong? What'd I do?" he says.

"I-I don't know why I did that. The last time we kissed felt so right, but I felt so guilty because I was with Brandon and-" Nick cuts me off by kissing me. It felt so right, again. I wrap my hands around his neck and he lays his on my hips. All I can think about is Miss. Abby's 'no dating team members' rule. I broke it once so what's another time? And what do I tell Brandon? Do I tell him? No, I shouldn't. He'd try to break us up. We're just friends, with some benefits.

Nick breaks away from the kiss. That lasted a long time, but it was amazing. I feel my phone buzzing so I take it out of the pocket of the cardigan that Nick gave me, because I'm never giving it back. I have a new next from Brandon.

Brandonnn: Where the hell are you?!

I text him back,

To Brandon: Nick and I couldn't sleep so we're on the beach.

Brandon: Get the hell up here right now! Payton just texted me and Abby's doing room checks!

"Nick we have to do, like now."

"Why?"

"Brandon just texted me and Abby's doing room checks," I say scared.

Nick picked me up bridal style and started running.

"Nick! Put me down!" I yell.

"Never!"

We run into the hotel and into the elevator. Nick caresses my face with his hand and kisses me lightly.

"Goodnight beautiful," he says as the elevator door opens. We sneak down the hallway and into our room.

"What the hell?!" Brandon whisper yells.

"Sorry! We were just at the beach," I say.

"At 11:40?!" He says getting really angry.

"Back off," Nick says stepping in front of me.