Prologue

Echoes of the shot rings out
We may be the first to fall
Everything could stay the same
Or we can change it all

Nightcore Battlefield : SVRCINA

Prologue - The End is a New Beginning

'Danny, can you hear me?' A shallow tiring voice rang through my head.

I groaned in discomfort. Slowly opening my eyes, to only be blinded by a bright flash.

'I'm so sorry Danny...'

'Who's talking?'

I lift my hand to cover my eyes, only to be pulled back. I whimpered in pain. I slowly look over only to see a white figure move. I glance at the figure in confusion. I breathed deeply only to arch in pain.

A silent scream past my lips. Everything came back to me.

The explosion at the Nasty Burger.

Dan laughing.

"You will become me soon."

The Guys in White grabbing me and locking me up.

That was how long ago?

'2 years ago Danny.'

'Phantom..'

'Nice to see you back from the dead.'

A slap in my face broke me out of my daze. I looked over to see one of the agents. I'm 10 years old now. But I can't remember much.

"Poor scumbag. I bet the electric shock therapy actually paid off.."

A whimpered past my lips. Everything hurts. It hurts too much. I don't want this pain anymore.

~~~~~~

Weak.. That's how I felt. So tired and done. I tried to roll off to the side, only to feel the burning sensation grow. I opened my eyes wearily.

'Help is on the way. Trust me.'

I groaned and whimper in pain and fear. It's already been 2 years. No one is coming for us. We are stuck here.

I looked at my chest to see red and green seep out. I look at the bar cage I'm in. Red.. Ha... Everything in red is pretty..

A blaring sound went off. Everything flashing red. Footsteps sounded, echoing in the hallway. Guns could be heard loading.

3

2

1

Black smoke went off. A smile came on his face. This was his chance. An agent ran into the room and pointed the gun at him.

Laughter sounded echoing.

"Stop laughing!" He said with fear in his voice.

Bright lime eyes with a hint of red flashed shielding the color blue. Slowly he stood with a looming aura. His wounds now turning into scars. In his right hand was a green light turning into a knife shape. The gun went off.

The dark figure's head snapped up hearing the gun shot. He ran down the hallway and made his way to the open cell door. Carefully he took out a bat-a-ring. Slowly walking towards the door.

Once arriving, sobbing could be heard. Quiet crying. Once in the doorway, his eyes widen. A dead agent was laying on the ground bleeding. His wounds covered his chest. He was stabbed multiple times and once in the head. In the corner of the room was a small kid, no more then 10, covered in blood crying.

The dark night went towards the crying boy and knelt down. The boy stopped crying and froze completely in fear.

"We didn't mean too. He hurt us. He hurt us so much. I'm sorry." He said in a quiet voice that filled with guilt.

The dark knight winced at the voice. The boy showed his face. Tear ran down his cheeks. His pale blue eyes showed. Breathing deeply, he smiled.

"It felt good. I don't even know why." He said as fresh tears came down.

Batman looked at the kid. He slowly wrapped his arms around him. Rubbing his back in a calming motion, the kid let out a shudder breath and relaxed. Slowly, Danny opened his eyes and raised his arms to wrap around the man.

"I'm so sorry Bruce." He whispered softly in his shoulder.

Batman froze at being called by his real name. The next that happened was slow. Danny stood and managed to push Batman behind him. A gun shot rang out. Danny collapsed on his knees as red seeped out of his stomach. An agent stood there with a gun in his hand.

'DANNY! YOU FUCKING IDIOT!'

He smiled as he fell to the ground. Blood drops came out of his mouth as he saw a figure shoot out an attack the agent.

He laughed softly. 'I'm so sorry Phantom.'

A smile was on his face as his eyes closed, and all he felt was cold.

~~~~~~~~~~

Beeping. Constant beeping sounded. It was annoying. Slowly he opened his eyes. Blinded by light for a few seconds, the it was replaced with bright baby blue eyes. He blinked slowly to see a boy older then him with black hair and baby blue eyes. His lips were moving but nothing was coming out. He gave him a confused look.

Who was he... Where am I... Wait...

Who am I?

A panic look crossed his face. Dick jumped back confused. Does the boy not hear him. He snapped his fingers in front of his face. The boy snapped his look towards him with fear and confused eyes.

"Hey it's okay. Just calm down."

Danny kept shaking his head. He can hear the boy now but he didn't know who or where he was! Danny lifted himself off the bed and leaned to the side. Dick eyes widen.

"Hey be carefu-"

A pained whimper along with a crash sounded. Danny was on the floor breathing in deeply. He concentrated on his mind.

'Oh god. Where are my memories.'

'All you had to do was ask.' A voice sounded as a scream filled the air. Memories filled his head. Dozens of them. A pained whimper sounded once they ended.

His name was Danny, and he had killed someone. He was a monster. He had killed someone out of rage.

'It wasn't your fault Danny.'

'It is.... Phantom I killed someone.'

'It's not your fault. I killed him.'

Danny froze and looked up, to see Batman kneeling down to him. Tears poured down his cheeks.

"I-I-I'm s-"

"Don't."

He looked beside him to see the kid coming towards him. Dick carefully wrapped his arms around him.

"The past doesn't define you. Right now you are Danny, and I'm your new brother."