Chapter 3

Press my nose up to the glass around your heart
I should've known I was weakest from the start
You'll build your walls up and I'll play my bloody part

Babel : Mumford and Sons

Chapter 3 :

Batcave

"You will be joining us today."

His face paled and he dropped his spoon in his bowl which caused the oatmeal to splatter slightly.

"Hwah?"

•••••••••

Danny looked nervously at the cowled bat. His cowl was down at the moment but he was in his suit and next to him stood his older brother. He knew about the family business. After all Bruce did save him.

He knew that Dick knew about Bruce's alter ego, but he didn't know he was apart of it until the third month he was staying. Dick had left his mask on and went to sleep in it. When he awoken the next morning, mask still on face, he walked right into the dinning room. It was very careless of him but hey, sleep deprive does things to you.

Long story short, Danny was sitting down when he walked in. Dick spilled instantly not wanting the trust they had to be destroyed.

Now looking at the two, he wished he never knew. They both were looking at the computer getting the Zeta Tubes ready to let him through.

'They always want something in return'

'T-That's not true!'

The voice chuckled. 'They want you to join and fight. To be their weapon'

Danny frowned looking at the two, then at the ground. He shouldn't listen to the voice. The voice was wrong.

'How rude of you to not call me by my name.'

'Leave me alone'

Dick took his eyes off the computer to look at his brother. He was looking down and his bangs were covering his eyes. Dick frowned.

He didn't want Danny in the family business. In all honestly, he hoped he never found out. He wanted his brother to be safe at home. Or as safe as he could be.

Looking at his younger adopted brother now, he could see the difference from when they found him to now.

His hair was a little longer, he wasn't as pale, he had color to his face and his cheeks weren't sunken in. He had a little bit of baby fat. His arms were still noodles but they had a hint of muscle. If you saw him shirtless, his ribs wouldn't be showing anymore.

"Robin."

Dick looked up at Bruce. Bruce watched him carefully then looked over at Danny. Dick raised his eyebrow asking if he wanted to do this. Bruce gave a short nod and started walking towards Danny with Dick in toll.

'Humans are selfish creatures. They only want things but never give to others in need' If looks could kill. Danny was pretty sure the voice talking would have hurt him already.