Chapter 1- Grace's POV:

Chapter 1

Grace's pov:

"Grace!,"Marci shouted running over to wear I sat beside the oval.

"What?" I said trying to act like I cared, but ever since she ditched me last year I couldn't care less about anything that came from her big mouth.

"Can I borrow your drink bottle...I'm so exhausted after that game of soccer I think I'll pass out," she exaggerates.

"Why don't you have one," I say rolling my eyes as I do.

"I just don't!," she snaps.

"Fine," I huffed pulling it from my bag pocket and throwing it in her direction.

"Thanks," she puffs throwing it back at me, before rejoining her group of friends who are just as snobby as her, I on the other hand return to my drawing of a wolf standing half in the shadows and half in straight sunlight.

"Wow Grace, your drawings never cease to amaze me," my idiotic friend Bryan gapes as he joins me on the ground.

"Thanks brain,"

"I told you to stop calling me that,"

"Yeah...so," I chuckle and continue to work on the sketch.

"Ugh you're impossible sometimes,"

"I try, I try," I say closing my sketch book and putting it in my bag, I pull out my phone and check the time 3:24, one minute of sport left and school for that matter. I was let out of sport because of a headache I magically developed just before class because I just couldn't bring myself to participate today. I never really want to but always end up playing anyway, I'm not completely hopeless at sport I just generally suck at most sport, I can do archery and love hunting but it kinda stops there. I plug in my earphones and slip one in my ear press play on kings of Leon; use somebody, my favourite band.

The bell rings and I pull myself to my feet, sling my bag over my shoulder and head in the direction of the bus stop.

+++

The bus rattled along the road before screeching to a stop outside my house. I hurry of the bus and unlatch the side gate and walk into the back yard and down into the shed. Which is basically where I live since dad doesn't want me to go near the house except to grab food and take it back down to the shed.

After my mum left my dad became distant started drinking and would hardly leave his room I tried to talk with him when I was littler and he tried to be nice to his little girl but that feeling quickly diminished and when I turned 15 he kicked my out of the house and into the shed.

I dive onto my bed and throw my bag onto the floor flip onto my stomach and fiddle with my silver crescent moon pendant necklace; the only thing I have to remember my mother, it seems to glow in moonlight which is kind of ironic but I love it nonetheless.

+++

Smash

I hear a loud bang a few metres away, slowly I move the curtain above my bed to reveal a sliver of the window, in the yard across from ours I see what looks to be a person climbing over the fence. It was dark and I wasn't positive so I grab my bow and a few arrows, my favourite sport is archery and I tend to practice a lot at home. I slowly open the door and step into the cool night air, I walk around to the side of the shed where a figure stood, I take an arrow and clip it to the string of the bow and steadily pull back, the figure moves into the moonlight it's a girl with skin as pale as a vampires a thick metal leg and one that resembled a donkey's hind leg, she looked like an empousa from Greek mythology but they're not real.