Chapter 10- Grace's POV:

Chapter 10

Grace's POV:

When I reached the cabin number 8 I found the door was hanging half open, carefully I creep inside and find my stuff laying in the middle of the practically empty room. I ran to my things and pulled out my phone and earphones, put the buds in my ears and pressed play on my playlist of older style rock. I turned the volume up all the way and began to cry; I let every tear slid down to my chin and trip onto the floor, I always was weak I would cry when my dad used to shout at me; his breath the scent of beer his icy glare and rough tone, I would cry when I arrived home with bruises all down my legs. I never really fit in and didn't really blame anyone for not wanting to be me friend and the people who claimed to be my friends tended to just use me. My only real friend was Brian and I will probably never see him again. I can't believe I was so stupid to believe I actually could fit in, in a place like this.

For the next week I never really left the cabin I only went out at night to hunt for food since I couldn't bear eating with everyone else even if I was on my own table. I managed though I would make my own fire out in the wood and cooked the birds I had caught I would find a bush covered in small red berries that my dad had taught me how to find years ago before he became cruel, I would get water from the river and then finally return to my cabin when the sun peaked over the horizon.

No one has come to see me and I don't blame them; I'm a mistake, a misfit and I deserve no friends. I've considered going out and finding my way home but I would just get lost so for now this is my prison. There was a sudden knock at the door. I jump at the sound. But I knew soon enough they would come and kick me out or whatever so reluctantly I open the door to find Nico staring back at me.

"What do you want," I huff and walk back to the centre of the room and sit back down.

"To see how you were you haven't come out, haven't eaten, people are worried,"

" well I'm fine, I've eaten and as if anyone is worrying how the mistake is,"

"Grace you're not a mistake and don't you dare tell yourself differently you understand and Kasee Leo and I have been worrying about you, we are you friends. Now come with me Kasee and Leo want to see you and so do the rest of the seven" he says sternly before beginning to drag me out the door.

When we reach the others I'm crash tackled by Kasee and I fall to the floor in a tight embrace.

"Grace, what's going through your head; not coming out of your cabin like that, I was worried."

She helps me to my feet and Percy began to talk, "Grace we're going on a mission to retrieve a prophesy and you're a part of we so you're coming to,"

"I don't want to, I just want to go home," I sigh.

"Please Grace, you would be a great help," Annabeth tries.

"Fine, but I don't see how I can help; I'm a useless demigod with no skill and next to no friends," I huff.

"No, you blazed through capture the flag and you see everyone in front of you well they're all your friends including me to," Kasee smiles.

"So where exactly are we going?" I ask.

"North Dakota," piper chimed in.

"And how do you suppose we get there?" I question.

"On the Argo II of course," Leo grins.

"Wait isn't that a ship from mythology?"

"Well this one is a little different hence the II," he says matter-of-factually. "Here I'll show you," he takes my hand and drags me into the forest with everyone else close behind.