Chapter 9- Kasee's POV:

Chapter 9

Kasee's POV:

I sat with Kayla, Austin and Will as we ate our dinner. They introduced me to Chiron the centaur. "Ok campers tonight's activity will be Capture-the-Flag, Apollo against Ares. Team up, make alliances you have 30 minutes!" Chiron instructed and the pavilion became a rush. Kayla ran off to who knows where and Annabeth ran over to our table. "Athena and Apollo?" she asked. Will nodded. "Ok." she ran off to her table. Percy, Jason and Leo ran over and asked the same this but for their godly parents. Wills answer was the same for all. Kayla ran back over. "Ares has the Aphrodite cabin, the Hermes cabin, the Dionysus cabin, the Hades cabin so far," she informed.

"Ok, it would be good to get Nike and Hecate," Austin said. Will nodded. Kayla ran off again. A few more people who I didn't know ran over and made alliances. Once the 30 minutes had passed Chiron ordered the head counselors to tell him who they had teamed up with and for everyone else to sit. Will came back over and Chiron announced the teams. "Ares has teamed up with, Aphrodite, Hermes, Dionysus , Hades, Demeter, Nemesis, Hebe and Iris! Apollo has Poseidon, Zeus, Hephaestus, Athena, Nike, Hecate, Tyche and Hypnos! Suit up and get into positions!" Chiron instructed. The other cabins walked over to their leaders and mixed together. "Boo," someone said, jabbed my waist resulting in me jumping in fright. I turned around to see a laughing Leo. "You're an idiot," I said to him.

"I try," he replied. I just rolled my eyes. Will called for the group to quiet down so he could explain who was doing what. "Ok," he started, "the cabins for offence is Apollo, Nike, Athena, Poseidon and Zeus. Defence is Hephaestus, Hypnos, Hecate and Tyche." Everybody nodded. We armoured up and got supplied with weapons. "Here," Annabeth gave me a spear," and if that breaks try touching your pendant and it should transform. I think it may have needed to touch Grace's before it could change by your will."

"Ok thanks Wise Girl," I said as she walked over to the rest of the Athena cabin. We got in position and waited for Chiron to start. "Ready! Go!" he called and the offence of both teams ran into the centre. I was running next to Percy and Jason. "So all I gotta do is get the flag and run back to our side of the creek?" I asked.

"Yep," Jason replied.

"Alright," I said as we charged across the creek. We surged into the other team's offence. I rolled between legs, used my spear as a pole vault and jumped over people. Others I just hit with the butt of my spear. Each obstacle didn't slow me down, I was on a roll. "GO KASEE!" Percy screamed as he stayed to fight with Jason. I ran into a clearing of trees and saw a red flag in the distance. "There's my target," I said walking forward.

"I don't think so," a voice said. I turned and saw Nico advancing, his Stygian Iron sword radiating darkness.

"And who's gonna stop me huh?" I asked.

"Me," he lunged at me with his sword. I blocked it with the shaft of my spear. He swung his sword but I ducked out of the way. He slashed downwards but I rolled between his legs, springing back up and hitting the butt of my spear into his back. He staggered forward before whipping around, cutting my right arm and cheek. I fell to the ground and looked up and Nico through the hair that covered my eyes. "Why do you hate me so much?" I asked him. "We were like best friends this morning and last night. It's like that was all fake." Tears started tracing my cheek and it stung when they crossed my cut.

"I don't hate you it's just ... complicated," he sighed and looked away.

"Tell me," I soothed, "I'm sure I'll understand."

"I-I can't tell you," he replied, "but I don't hate you."

"Well, can we at least be friends?" I asked.

"I'd like that," he replied. I smiled and he did the same.

"I'm sorry for saying those things earlier. I didn't mean them," I told him.

"It's ok," he answered.

"Now I'm sorry to ruin the moment but I have a flag to retrieve," I said before sprinting past him.

"No!" he yelled and charged after me. I ran and grabbed the flag before charging through the tree. I ran past Percy and Jason who cheered and held back the other team's members. "Get across the line!" Annabeth cried. I sprinted across the creek and threw the flag onto the ground. "And that is how you capture a flag!" I screamed. "Um... who crossed first?" Piper asks no one in particular. I spin to see Grace holding the blue flag. 'Who did cross first?'

"I-I don't know," she admits.

"Since we have no way of telling I declare a tie." Chiron calls. Everyone erupts into arguments and cheers some disagreeing and others all for the idea.

"Has there ever been a tie before?" I asked.

"No, never," Annabeth replies.

"Well I think this calls for a celebration then-" I suddenly stop and stare at the glowing silver crescent moon symbol above Grace's head

"What?" Grace asked. Piper simply points above her head. She looks up to see a the symbol. 'That's the symbol of Artemis, but this isn't possible.' I thought.

"Artemis?... but she can't...," Annabeth's voice trails off.

The group begin talking again. "She's a freak...," said one voice.

"a mistake," said another.

"She shouldn't be here, she shouldn't even be alive," another chimed in. Grace starts running away from everyone, deep into the forest.

"This is not her fault! she did not chose this! Stop blaming her!" I screamed.

"Leave her alone, she's done nothing wrong!" Leo shouted, backing me up.

"GRACE!," I shout, running after her, "Grace, please stop!" She slows down but not to a complete stop so we are walking next to each other. "Grace it's not your fault they shouldn't treat you like that," I says softly.

"My mum probably doesn't even want me," she mumbled.

"Hey don't say that, your mum didn't have to claim you she chose to, she can't hate you if she's claimed you now can she," I reassure. The rest of the walk was in silence, slowly changing our direction and began to head back to camp. We made our way down the hill and I ran off to my friends, walking next to Nico. Tension settled in the air as we walked like the others were expecting me to bite off Nico's head. I just continued walking next to each other. I playfully shoved his shoulder. "Smile, it's good for you," I tell him.

"Whatever," he looks away but I can see him smiling.

"Wait...you guys aren't trying to kill each other?" Piper asked.

"Yeah, too much effort, can't be bothered too," I smirked.

"Aww, thank you," Nico answered with sarcasm.

"You're welcome," I replied with equal sarcasm. He came up and hugged me from behind.

"Such a kind friend you are," he said.

"Y-y-yeah," I stuttered a blushing mess.

"Oh damn," Percy laughed.

"What?" Nico asked, letting go.

"Haha really?" he looked at me.

"Shut up and leave me alone Fish Face," I stormed ahead, still blushing. "Good night people!" I called as I raced Kayla to the cabins.