One

(___)= Name

*

The old convienent store was basically empty from all the survivors coming in and out. I've gone a few weeks without food and if I didn't find some soon, I would be dead before I knew it.

Scanning the store once again, I sighed, dropping the empty can on the ground. I've been able to survive two years by myself, and dying due to hunger was not how I wanted to go. I leaned against one of the empty shelves, feeling defeated. My body slowly slid down the wall and I sat there feeling empty.

What was I supposed to do?

Suddenly, there was a bang on one of the entrance doors a few feet away. I stiffened and waited for another. The undead were pretty far back so it was strange that they were already caught up to me. I quickly made my way across the floor, careful not to be seen. When I managed to get behind one of the shelves towards the back I took in a deep breath and hoped I was not seen.

The sound of glass breaking echoed through the store. I wrapped my fingers around the handle of my knife, ready to kill.

I waited.

Instead of the familiar groans, I heard heavy footsteps. They went from one end of building to the other and I realized something. There was now another person inside the convient store with me.

"Damnit!" The person groaned, throwing something onto the ground.

I crouched as I made my way over to them. I gripped my knife's handle and looked around the shelf to see the man. My foot hit the can I had dropped before and the person turned around. His bright green eyes stared into mine as I stood there, frozen.

I pulled my knife out, pointing it towards him. "Leave."

He let out a sigh, running a hand through his hair. I could tell when this all started his hair was dyed a bright blue, but now it was faded. "Look, I'm just trying to find food."

"So am I." I stated. I started to walk closer to him, him backing up.

"I have friends," he admitted once he hit the wall "I'm trying to get food for all of us. All I have is this."

He took off the beat up bookbag that was around his shoulders and opened it. The boy pulled out a container of pudding.

"Give it to me."

"What?" He demanded, his eyebrows peaking. 

"I said give it to me." I said slower this time.

He bit his lip before handing me the pudding. I immediately opened it and ate, throwing the plastic container onto the ground.

"That's all I have, I swear!" He told me when I made eye contact with him once again.

"You probably think I'm a terrible person, but I'm not." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "I'm coming with you."

"Wait...really? Why?" He asked and furrowed his eyebrows.

I shrugged. "I'll help you find food. And if what you say is true, that you have friends, I'll split it with you all."

"Okay," he nodded "But you better not betray me and try to kill me at some point."

"Same goes to you."

He walked to the now broken door, looking around. "We're all clear, no walkers in sight."

I let out a sigh of relief and put my knife back into my pocket. I swung the door open, holding it for the boy. "By the way, I'm  (___)."

"Ethan." Was all he said as the two of us walked down the empty street.

*

Well there's the first chapter! Tell me what you guys think please!