Seventeen

I'm ready for my death...I know its coming :)

(___)= Name

*

"Where's Marzia?" Dan asked.

My eyes shifted to Ethan for a brief moment, him tensing up at Dan's question. I looked away and shrugged, taking a bite of my rice. I hadn't said anything in the past two hours, I just didn't feel like talking

"Probably still with Pamela." Ethan said slowly.

Tyler felt the tension between the two of us. He didn't know what happened, but he saw I was upset, and knew it involved Ethan. "Where's Mark?"

"Probably in a mood." Amy said awkwardly. "He found out something...hes pretty upset."

Right as Amy's words left her mouth, Mark walked through the cafeteria. He sat down next to Amy, his eyebrows furrowed angrily.

Mark looked up, glaring at Dan. We all looked to Dan, not sure exactly what was happening. Without warning, Mark jumped over the table and on top of Dan, Dan's chair tipping backwards.

We all stood up with horrified faces. The whole lunch room went silent as the scene played out in front of everyone.

"Mark! Stop!" Ethan yelled, trying to push Mark off Dan.

Mark landed a punch on Dan's throat before shoving Ethan backwards. "Its-" one punch "all your-" two punches "fault!" three punches.

Dan's face was bruised in multiple places at this point. We all looked to Amy for an explanation.

"What is he talking about?" Phil demanded.

Amy made herself smaller, admitting what caused Mark's outburst. "His.....his eye." She whispered.

Tyler grabbed Mark and pulled him off of Dan. Mark elbowed Tyler on the temple, causing Tyler to holler and let go of Mark. Mark jumped back onto Dan and punched him once again.

"My eye is gone because of you!"

I ran to the two and kicked Mark forcefully. He grabbed my ankle, pulling it forward. My body hit the ground hard, my knife sliding out of my pocket.

Mark's eyes glimmered when they saw the knife. The others gasped, running for it. Mark snatched it, swinging his arm out. Everyone backed up, nearly avoiding the knife.

"Don't!" Phil pleaded, looking helpless.

Mark ignored him, slicing Dan's cheek. Dan winced and tried to push Mark off him, failing.

"Why don't you see how it feels?" He screamed, his voice echoing through the cafeteria.

Mark lifted his arm, lowering the knife into Dan's eye. Dan shrieked, trying even harder to get Mark off him. Mark stabbed Dan, again, then again.

Mark stopped, slowing his breathing. He blinked, looking to all of us, then back to Dan. His features were nearly invisible, due to the bruises and blood. But through it all we could see his eye that wasn't stabbed, staring blankly at the ceiling.

Realizing what he had just done, Mark's hands trembled. He looked down at the blood on his hands. Dan's blood.

"You.....you killed him!" Phil shouted.

He ran off, all of us still trying to figure out what just happened. Dan was dead. Mark killed him.

Ethan swallowed and turned away from Dan. "Phil! Wait!"

Tyler looked to all of us quickly then followed after Ethan. Mark stood up slowly, running his hands down his face.

"I lost it. I-I fucking lost it."

*

Mark rocked back and forth, still looking at Dan. "I can't believe I killed him..."

Amy's lip trembled but she placed her hand on Mark's back. "Hey...its...its okay-"

"No it's not, Amy! Nothing is okay! Kathryn is dead! Chica is dead! I don't even know why I did this!"

Phil stormed through the cafeteria, his eyes only focused on Mark. As he got closer, my eyes widened.

"M-Mark...."

Mark looked up. His face drained of color as he saw the gun in Phil's hands. He scooted backwards on the floor as Phil got closer. Where were Ethan and Tyler?

"We accepted you here! Dan was nice enough to bring you here...to....to help you!"

Mark raised his hand and tried to calm Phil down. "Phil, I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't make a difference!" He cocked the gun, it making a click sound. "You killed the love of my life!"

Phil raised the gun, his finger about to press the trigger. Something rolled across the floor, hitting Phil's foot. His eyes moved from Mark to the small object.

"What the-"

A large blast interrupted his words. We all fell to the ground as the sound echoed, the walls crumbling down. The last thing I remember was the roof falling.

*

Whoooooooops