Seven

(___)= Name

*

"So...how did you and Ethan meet exactly?" Kathryn asked, slowly walking besides me.

It had been almost a week since Ethan and I arrived at the trailer. I had settled in quite nicely, becoming pretty close with Mark, Tyler, Amy, Kathryn, and (of course) Chica over the past few days.

Mark told me about some weekly check they all do to make sure none of the undead were close. We all split up; Amy, Mark, and Tyler checking a place that I was told had boats, and Kathryn, Ethan, and I heading into the downtown area.

"Well, I was in a small store looking for food. Ethan came inside looking for food for all of you, and I almost killed him, actually. But then we made a deal and now we're here." I looked to the boy a few feet ahead of me.

"Huh, not as romantic as I thought." Kathryn sighed, a small smile coming across her lips.

"Shut up." I snorted, rolling my eyes. "Ethan and I....we're not...just shut up."

Kathryn let out a laugh. "I've seen the way he looks at you, (___)."

"I just don't want to talk about this, okay?" I demanded.

Kathryn turned away, looking straight ahead. I bit my lip, feeling bad. My eyes shifted to the ground, then to Kathryn, then to Ethan. I noticed he was glancing back at Kathryn and I, him quickly averting his eyes when we made eye contact.

"I'm just scared for something to happen between us." I let out, earning Kathryn's attention. "This world is cruel, anything could happen."

"You shouldn't be scared." She responded "you and Ethan will be fine, trust me."

"Maybe." I mumbled.

I noticed movement from the corner of my eye and stopped walking. Narrowing my eyes, I focused on the area where a walker could have been.

"What's wrong?" Kathryn asked.

"I'll be right back." I told her, slowly approaching the area.

"(___), where are you going?" Ethan spoke up, his voice laced with confusion.

"I'm just checking something out. Just keep going."

Ethan and Kathryn exchanged looks but continued after a few seconds. Stepping over scattered bricks, I looked around.

"Hello, again."

My eyes widened at the familiar voice, turning around quickly. Sean stood a few feet away from me with his hands on his hips.

"How did y-"

"Oh, I really don't think we have time for small talk." He began, walking closer to me. "You think you're so smart. But really, you fell right into my trap."

"What?"

"The undead are coming this way as we speak. My group set up a bunch of traps throughout the city. You led...whats his name...oh right, Ethan...right to them."

Three others stepped out towards me, one I recognized as Signe. There was a girl with long brown hair and a slim face, a man with dirty blond hair and some stubble standing besides her.

"(___)!"

Hearing my name, I turned my head away from the group. I slowly shuffled backwards away from the group.

Sean smirked. "You might want to hurry."

With that, I took off running to where I heard my name being called from. My feet slammed against the concrete as I ran to Ethan and Kathryn. Sliding to a stop when I saw the two, I gasped.

It was like something out of a horror movie. Ethan was hanging upside down, a barbwire wrapped around his legs. Kathryn was laying on the ground with a bear trap on her leg, trying to pry it open. The undead that Sean told me about were closing in, they were far too close.

I could only save one.

I looked to Ethan, then back to Kathryn, then to Ethan, then Kathryn. Tears were threatening to fall out of my eyes and my heart was pounding loudly, echoing through my head. I closed my eyes out of frustration as I listened to the two call for help.

It was as if my legs were moving on their own, bringing me closer to Ethan. When I reached him, his eyes widened.

"Go save Kathryn! I'll be fine!"

I bit my lip, tasting blood. With a heavy heart, I managed to say. "I want...to save...you."

I pulled out my knife. I wrapped my hand around the barbwire, pulling back with a wince as it stabbed into my hand. Knowing that I had to fight through the pain, I put my hand back, trying to ignore the sharp objects.

I moved the knife back and forth as fast as I could. Groans grew louder the longer I stood in front of Ethan. It was like everything had slowed down, the pounding in my head getting worse with each slice. After what felt like an eternity, the wire snapped, Ethan falling to the ground.

I yanked Ethan off the ground, the two of us running to Kathryn. Ethan placed his hands on the bear trap, using all his strength to open it. He groaned when it didn't budge, looking to the herd of walkers that were only a few feet away. I shoved Ethan, pulling my knife out.

"What are you doing?" Kathryn demanded. She knew exactly what I was doing, though.

"Kathryn, its the only way we can get you out." I told her, blinking tears away.

Ethan and Kathryn's eyes widened as the knife sliced across her leg. Kathryn let out a scream, tears streaming down her cheeks. I moved the knife across her leg multiple times, barley slicing it.

"(___) you need to leave!" Kathryn yelled, shoving me back.

She had already given up hope. I shook my head, continuing. A walker reached out to grab me, Ethan pulling me back just in time.

"No!" I screamed, trying to free myself from Ethan's arms.

He walked backwards, taking us away from the undead and Kathryn. I saw a walker lower itself to Kathryn, biting her neck. A second walker reached her, then a third. Kathryn's pained screams mixed with mine, as I was dragged farther and farther.

*

This hurt to write like my heart is legit broken. But yeah....Sean's back! And guess whose joined him???

Anyways, please be sure to vote and comment!