Chapter 4

(Lance's side)

Lance and Daisy woke up bright and early on a Tuesday. The twins went downstairs, where Gawain was making breakfast.

"Hi daddy," Daisy said cheerfully, as was normal for her.

"Why hello, my two twin children," Gawain said with a smile.

"Is it time for breakfast? Smells like it."

"Well, set the table and we can eat," Gawain said.

Lance and Daisy nodded, setting the table as their father put the food on it.

///

"Bye dad," Lance said as he went out the door. He went down to the beach, not to prove anything, not today. He just wanted to be alone. He snuck around the area, using a combination of cover and Shadow Sneak, until he made it to a secret cave. He sat against the walls, taking a deep breath.

"Maybe I've been here before,
I know this room, I've walked this floor,
I used to live alone, before I knew ya...
Saw your flag above the marble arch,
Love is not a victory march,
It's a cold and it's-" he sang, before his voice cracked.

"Every! Single! Time! Come on!"

A chorus of derisive laughter was heard outside the cave.

"Sounds like the girl is practicing her crappy singing," one sneered.

"Takes one to know one, bud," Lance retorted.

"Oh wow, great comeback," another smirked.

"Hey, if you-"

"Yes yes, we get it, Lance. Now, do the world a favor and just go. Leave this beach and never come back, because you're not strong or smart enough to prove you're anything but a waste of space freak show, along with your whole family. You, your dad, and your sister are disgusting monsters, and your mom was blind enough to marry your dad. The world would be better off without you."

"Yeah, and you'd be better off knowing that the high tide is about to roll in," Lance laughed.

"What's that supposed to mean," the 1st one asked, before all of them were swept away by a wave.

Lance laughed, trying to ignore how much their words hurt him. He stayed there for a few more hours, before heading back home.

(Lilac's side)

Yasmin was sleeping peacefully, but Lilac had awoken, not one bit tired from her endeavor the other day. The purple Kirlia shook her sister. "Yas, it's time to wake up! I gotta go to school!" she exclaimed impatiently.

The Gardevoir was undisturbed, still deep in her slumber.

With an impish grin on her face, Lilac rushed to the kitchen and, with some difficulty, reached up and grabbed a cup. She then made her way to the sink and filled it with water. Racing back to Yasmin, she dumped the contents of the small cup on her sister.

Of course, this woke the Gardevoir.

She sat up with a start, shaking her head, her purple locks spraying droplets just about everywhere. She turned to the Kirlia with a cross look displayed on her features. "Lilac, you should be sleeping," she said.

"But I need to get to school!"

"You don't have..." Yasmin trailed off as she realized it was Tuesday. She quickly stood and helped Lilac slip on the jacket necessary for her day. It was clean, white fabric with the schools emblem, a fanciful drawing of Principal Dragonite. She buttoned it and picked up the Kirlia, running outside and to the school.