Chapter 16

Lance was again disturbed by the resonating cry of Giratina. He had to stop and sit, looking at his trembling hand.

"What...what is this? I don't remember anything like this, at all...but, that Pokémon...he's throwing me around on this front. What's happening to me..."

"My Arceus, to think that freak could produce such a wimp," a voice said behind Lance.

Lance turned around to see the ghostly image of a Gallade, one of his arms a sickly blood red.

"Who...who are you?"

"I'm the Pope, clearly. I've come to bless you, dumbass."

"Cut the crap, jerk, who in the here are you?"

"I'm your grandfather, Lance. And I see my son couldn't keep you and your sister from being freaks as well."

Lance got up. "Okay, I'm leaving," he said, walking off.

The Gallade appeared in front of him, giving a scowl.

"Listen, moron. If you wanna save your wife, you need a plan, and to not be so afraid. I thought your thing was to not do fear."

"It...it is...but..."

"So why is this one any different? Pull up your frilly stockings, get your head on straight, and stop being such a pansy!"

Lance reluctantly nodded. "Now may I go, sir?"

The Gallade nodded, before vanishing.

Lance shrugged, slightly confused, but more determined than ever to find Lilac. He pressed on, keeping an eye out for danger.

///

After around 2 hours of traverse, Lance arrived at the gate of a large castle.

"This has to be where she is," he mumbled.

Inside, a black and white Delphox laughed evilly. "The fool approaches yet. I'll enjoy burning him to a crisp," Jessie laughed.

"Open up," Lance demanded.

The gates slowly opened, Jessie awaiting Lance on the other side. "Oh my, so forceful."

"Who the here are you, and where is Lilac?!"

"You're looking for that peculiar Gardevoir? Sorry, Master Giratina has plans for her. And I won't let you interfere," she laughed, firing a Flamethrower at him.

Lance dove away from the attack, pushing himself up
after it was done. "Give. Her. Back."

"Again, I apologize," she smirked. "You're not getting her!" Jessie shouted as used Fire Blast on Lance.

Lance put his arms up, blocking most of the attack's brunt as he dashed his shadow up to Jessie.

The Delphox laughed and fired a Mystical Flame at Lance.

Lance dashed his shadow behind his foe, appearing at it
to quickly dodge the attack. He kicked Jessie down the stairs angrily.

Jessie laughed as she pushed herself up. "You're quite fast," she chuckled.

"Don't let Lilac know, I'm saving it for her," the Gallade smirked, jumping down the stairs.

"Whatever," the Delphox retorted, before using Psychic to push her opponent against the wall.

Lance grunted, extending his right forearm blade and using Psycho Cut to resist the Psychic.

Jessie laughed as he did this and tried to press on
him harder. "Stop resisting. Even if you beat me, Master Giratina will make work of you quickly," she growled.

"N-never," he yelled, kicking his legs out.

"Then you can die," Jessie replied, ceasing her Psychic hold on Lance and firing a Flamethrower at him.

Lance held his fist up against the attack, as it erupted into flames.

"W-What," Jessie asked in confusion.

"Fire Punch, you hag. And," Lance began, raising his other fist, which also erupted into flames. "Another one."

The Delphox growled and used Psychic to push him back again. "Die!"

Lance used all his will to push against the Psychic, walking towards Jessie slowly, like he was walking against the wind.

"Damn you." Jessie hissed, ceasing her attack and fleeing up the castle's stairs. "Master Giratina won't like this."

Lance's shadow raced in front of her, as Lance appeared to block her path. "Going anywhere," he asked, as the red Gallade grabbed the Delphox by the neck and tossed her down the stairs, and as Jessie attempted to get up, Lance kicked her as hard as he could, sending her over the edge of the platform.

The Delphox fell into the void with a scream, tumbling down into the infinite abyss, and Lance walked away. He had nary a thought that he had just doomed another Pokémon to a slow and awful death, or that he had let his rage best him. His only thought was of saving Lilac.

Lance barreled into the castle, looking for any sign of his wife. "Lilac! Where are you," he called out.

Lilac looked up weakly upon hearing Lance's voice.

"Lilac," Lance called out again.

"L-Lance..?" Lilac asked softly.

Lance could hear Lilac's voice. He turned to the door behind him and ripped it off his hinges, being greeted by the purple Gardevoir he was looking for. "Lilac!"

A smile appeared on Lilac's face. "Lance..." she repeated softly.

Lance cut the bonds off of Lilac, hugging the Gardevoir. "Lilac...I...I'm so glad you're okay," he told her, tears of joy coming to his eyes.

"Lance," she said a third time, eyes wide with relief.

"Lilac," Lance smiled.

Suddenly, she slapped him. Her smile had twisted into a malicious grin.

"Gah! Lilac, what was that for?!"

Lilac didn't respond. There was a devious glint in her eyes.

"L...Lilac..." Lance asked, knowing this wasn't like her.

"My knight," Lilac said mockingly, before throwing Lance with Psychic.

---O---O---O---

So...umm...special thanks to @Minamoto_Raito_ for playing Jessie.

Umm...please don't execute us for that ending