Chapter 15

Lance swam back to the shore, having grown a bit tired of swimming. He walked back up the beach to where he and Lilac had as up their blanket. "Hi honey, I'm back," the 22-year-old Gallade smiled.

Lilac's face lit up as she smiled back at Lance. "Why hello, dear," she smiled, sitting on the blanket.

Lance smiled and sat next to Lilac, hugging her.

Lilac hugged back, letting the handfuls of sand she was hiding fall down Lance's wet back, sticking to him. "Now you have to go back," she giggled.

"Not when my wife is right here," Lance retorted, smiling.

"Very well," Lilac smiled, putting her arm around Lance's shoulder.

Lance copied Lilac, doing the same.

Lilac smiled and laid her head on Lance's shoulder, as they gazed out at the ocean.

"My my, is it bad that I ship it," Azure teased.

Lilac jumped in surprise. "Wh-who are you?"

Lance smiled. "Oh, hey Azure," he greeted, standing up.

"Oh, hello," Lilac added.

"So, is it bad that I ship you two," Azure asked again.

"Well, no...we're actually married," Lance smiled.

"Is that so," Azure asked, observing Lance with a whistle. "I say she landed a fine catch," Azure joked as she "stared" at his abs.

Lance's cheeks began turning pink. "Oh, y-yeah?"

The purple Gardevoir smiled at that.

"So I see you two are just chilling out?"

Lance nodded, flustered from Azure's comment.

Lilac laughed at that, blushing as well.

"Boop," Lance smiled, poking his wife's blushing cheek.

She laughed at that and hugged him, smiling.

Lance hugged back, grinning immensely.

"Wait, didn't you do that boop thing to me as well," Azure asked.

Lilac froze and pulled away. "...what..?"

"Y-yeah, I did..." :Oh crap...: Azure thought.

Lilac took a step back. "What?" she repeated, sounding angry.

"Lilac. I..."

She shook her head, slowly at first, before her head moved faster. She turned without a word and ran towards the forest.

Lance ran after her. "Lilac, wait! I'm sorry, just let me explain!"

She didn't answer, and teleported further into the woods.

Lance kept running, determined to get to her.

Lilac was far away at that point, in the clearing with the log she had first seen the Gallade sitting on. She buried her head in her hands and began to cry as she sat on that same log.

Lance tracked her to that same log. He sat down next to her without a word, instead putting his arm around her.

She didn't say anything, remaining still.

"Lilac...I'm so sorry...I did that when you were in Johto...and I wish I never had...every time I did it to Azure, deep down, I thought of you, and it hurt me every time. You don't have to forgive me...but just know that I'm sorry," he explained, beginning to sob.