Chapter 17

Lance flew past the walls of the castle, crashing on the platform holding the structure. The walls seemed to bend away from the Gallade, so that he would fly past them without colliding. Nevertheless, his body ached with pain, and he felt unable to move.

Lilac grinned malevolently, watching Lance struggle and groan. The Gardevoir teleported to her husband, her evil smile not leaving.

"My my, down that easily, are we?"

"L-Lilac...w-why..."

"You betrayed me for another woman, gave our special moment to her, as if you thought I'd never know. Why do you think," Lilac asked, throwing Lance with Psychic.

Lance landed onto another island, coughing as he landed. He slowly pushed himself up, as Lilac followed him.

"Why are you just letting this happen, Lance? Fight me, it won't be the worst thing you've ever done!"

Lance slowly shook his head, taking a step closer and hugging Lilac, paining himself immensely.

Lilac blinked, before pushing him away. "Hugging me? And I thought you were tough," Lilac sneered, launching Lance again.

Lance skidded off this platform, hands just barely gripping the edge of the island. The love of his life wasn't far behind, watching him dangle helplessly.

"Now, what will it be, my dear," Lilac asked mockingly. "Live or die, the choice is yours."

Lance looked up at Lilac, steely resolve in his orange eyes.

"Lilac...I know I've hurt you before. That as a friend, a Pokémon, and a husband, there's so many places I could improve. And you have every right to be mad, and to never forgive me. But I want you to know that I love you, and I will never stop loving you. A life without you is a life I don't want to live. Everyday, I find something new to love about you. You're both my wife, and my best friend. And no matter what, I will never, ever, for as long as I exist, love you. And if that's strange...I guess I'm stranger than you," Lance smiled.

Lilac's mouth was agape in awe, her light blue eyes shimmering with joy and tears. "L-Lance..." she muttered.

:No...how?! The girl...she broke from my spell! How?!:

Lance smiled, reaching his hand up to Lilac, so as to be helped up. But, as he did, his grip slipped, and he began tumbling into the void.

Lilac quickly grabbed Lance with Psychic, pulling him to the platform. "It's okay, I've got you," she whispered, hugging the red Gallade.

Lance embraced Lilac, hugging her as tight as possible.

Giratina roared, the cry resonating throughout the dimension. "You! Both of you! You may have reunited, but you'll never leave this world alive," the Pokémon roared, it's wings surrounding the couple.

Lance and Lilac shared a grin, giving a look to each other that said "let's do it."

///

Lance woke up in his and Lilac's bed. After hours of fighting, dodging, and running, Lance and Lilac had escaped the Distortion World. As the two Pokémon, both Mega Evolved, came out of the dimension, collapsing on the ground as they reverted forms. Azure found them and got them back home.

Lance felt like everything was numb, until he looked at Lilac, laying in their bed motionless.

"Lilac...Lilac," he whispered, uncertainty rising.

The purple-haired Gardevoir groaned, turning over and slowly opening her eyes.

"Ugh...L-Lance..?"

Lance breathed a sigh of relief. "Lilac...how did we get back...all I remember is when I was hanging off the island..."

"Oh Arceus...Lance...I'm so sorry...I wasn't in control of my actions," she began sobbing, ashamed of what she did.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, Lilac. You know I could never stay mad at you," Lance smiled, holding her cheek.

Lilac smiled fakely, her cheeks flushing a light blue. "You really are too good to me, my knight." She didn't tell him she still felt extremely guilty.

"Nonsense, m'lady," Lance smiled, kissing Lilac's cheek. As he pulled away, Giratina's cry played in his mind, causing him to wince.

"Lance, what's wrong," Lilac asked worriedly.

"Lilac...that Pokémon that took you scared me...but thinking that I had lost you...scared me even more..."

"L-Lance...y-you...you were..."

Lance put his hand on Lilac's mouth. "Yes, I was."

Lilac nodded solemnly, still shocked.

Lance smiled, moving his hand to Lilac's cheek and tapping it. "Boop."

Lilac giggled, moving her hand to Lance's cheek and doing the same. "Boop."

They shared a laugh, before gazing into each other's eyes, and sharing a passionate kiss.

Eventually, they pulled away, knowing what had to be done. "I love you, my knight," Lilac smiled.

"I love you, my princess, and I always will," Lance smiled back, before they caressed.

///

Lance woke up late in the morning, far later than was natural for him. "Good...morning Lilac," he yawned, looking over.

Lilac was laying in bed, staring at the wall. At the end of the bed, there was a large bulge, as if something was under the sheets.

Lance carefully leaned over and lifted the sheets, revealing a small, cream-colored egg with green spots. "Oh...oh my Arceus! Lilac! I...you...we made an egg! We're going to be parents," Lance said excitedly.

Lilac kept staring at the wall, her expression blank.

"Lilac..." Lance asked, gently shaking her.

Lilac only gave a sigh, continuing to gaze at the wall.

"...Lilac..?"

///

Lance walked into the nature room, where Lilac had sat since the other day. Lance was told she was going through Postpartum Depression, caused by the birth of a child, or in this case, the creation of an egg. He came in with a tray of food for her breakfast. "Heya, Li, I've got breakfast for you. Bacon and Kalosian Toast today," he smiled, setting the tray on her lap.

The Gardevoir nodded solemnly, beginning to eat.

"...hey, I found out what's inside the egg. I guess twins runs in my family," he laughed. "A boy and a girl."

Lilac nodded quietly, chewing her food.

Lance was at a loss for what to do. "...well...if you need anything, you know where I'll be," he said, kissing Lilac's cheek and walking out of the room.